The 2016 UWI Law Scholarships and Bursaries are now open for applications from Monday February 1 to Tuesday May 31, 2015.
The 2016 UWI law scholarships are offered specifically to enrolled and new UWI Mona law students. These awards are advertised when available (They are now available!). For information on the application process, criteria, terms and conditions please visit the 2016 UWI law scholarships page.
The Office of Student Financing (OSF) exists to assist registered full-time undergraduate students of the Mona Campus. The Office administers a number of programmes of financial assistance, including scholarships, bursaries and grants.
There are 2016 UWI law scholarships and bursaries that are awarded on the basis of academic performance; however, there are numerous awards that are reserved for students who are pursuing a particular field of study, demonstrate financial need, leadership qualities and are actively involved in co-curricular activities. As it relates to general financial assistance is provided to students who are experiencing difficulties especially as it relates to maintenance cost ensuring student needs are met as much as possible.
General Guidelines for the 2016 UWI Law Scholarships
The following are general guidelines regarding all the 2016 UWI Law Scholarships and other UWI based Bursaries available for the academic year 2016/2017:
- Applications open MONDAY FEBRUARY 1, 2016.
- The deadline date to apply for all awards (unless otherwise stated) is FRIDAY MAY 31, 2016.
- In order to be considered for any award, a Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 3.0 (B average) is expected. Some awards may require a higher GPA.
- The awards are available to full-time undergraduate students of the University of the West Indies (unless otherwise stipulated).
- The applicant should only apply for scholarships/bursaries for which the prescribed criteria are met as indicated on each terms of award.
- The required status as indicated on each term of award is as at the academic year 2016/2017. For example, if the criteria states “must be in level II”, the applicant is expected to be enrolled in level II in the 2016/2017 academic year.
- Students must complete (LEGIBLY), one application form. Please list the awards for which you wish to be considered in order of preference.
- The completed application form should be submitted to the Office of Student Financing, UWI, Mona Campus.
Download the 2016 UWI Law Scholarships forms
Obtain application forms here: Download the 2016 UWI scholarships Application Form Here
- Dorcas Veronica Brown Scholarship (The)
- Douane Henry Memorial Bursary (The)
- DunnCox Scholarship
- Frank L. Myers Scholarship
- Jamaica Police Co-operative Credit Union Scholarship
- Mill Reef Fund Education Grant
- Tastee Limited Scholarship For Law
- UWI Visa Card Scholarship
- UWIDEF Undergraduate Scholarship
See other 2016 UWI Law Scholarships HERE