The 2016 UWI Scholarships are now open to student applicants throughout the Caribbean region. Applications were open Monday, February 1, 2016, the deadline date to apply for all awards (unless otherwise stated is Tuesday May 31, 2016.
The University of the West Indies, Mona Campus scholarships are now accepting applications from current and intended qualified students. The following are general guidelines regarding Scholarships and Bursaries available for the academic year 2015/2016:
- In order to be considered for any award, a Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 3.0 (B average) is expected. Some awards may require a higher GPA.
- The 2016 UWI Scholarships are available to full-time undergraduate students of the University of the West Indies (unless otherwise stipulated).
- The applicant should only apply for the 2016 UWI Scholarships/bursaries for which the prescribed criteria are met as indicated on each terms of award.
- The required status as indicated on each term of award is as at the academic year 2016/2017. For example, if the criteria states “must be in level II”, the applicant is expected to be enrolled in level II in the 2016/2017 academic year.
- Students must complete (LEGIBLY), one application form. Please list the awards for which you wish to be considered in order of preference.
- The completed application form should be submitted to the Office of Student Financing, UWI, Mona Campus. (N.B. Incomplete application forms will not be collected).
How to apply for the 2016 UWI Scholarships
Applications for the 2016 UWI Scholarships and other financial assistance and bursaries begins with the completion of the application form which may be downloaded from this site or that of the UWI Mona Campus website. The 2016 UWI Scholarships application procedure is as follows with complete reference to the 2016 UWI Scholarships qualification criteria:
- Obtain the application form
- Complete pages 1 to 5 and page 7
- Have your referee complete page 6
- Submit completed form to the Office of Student Financing.
Application forms are available only on the web. Click to download the application form and instruction sheet.The 2016 UWI scholarships application form must be completed regardless of the type of assistance in which the student is interested in. In the case of short-term loans, the applicant should be explicit that they are expecting monies. For all the other programmes of assistance, the application will be considered by the Financial Assistance Committee who will, based on the information provided by the student, determine which programme of assistance will be offered.
2016 UWI Scholarships Qualified References
- Senior member of the academic staff (e.g. lecturer)
- Student Services & Development Managers (SSDM)
- UWI Counselors (Health Center)
- Justices of the Peace
- Ministers of Religion
- High School Principals
View the list of all awards available (ordered by faculty) here and obtain the 2016 UWI scholarships application forms here: Download Application Form Here