2017 Elias A. Issa Scholarship (Established 1938)
(Open to Male and Female in alternative years)
The following Elias A. Issa scholarship is an annual prestigious scholarship programme that is offered by the Ministry of Education (MOE) Jamaica and sponsord by the Isaa Family. This education funding is one of the most sort after financial aid opportunities for new and returning students to the university of Technology and the University of the West Indies, Mona Campus.
The Ministry of Education invites application for the Elias Issa Scholarship to pursue an undergraduate degree course in the Faculty of Management Studies at the University of the West Indies, or the Faculty of Business Management (School of Business Administration) at the University of Technology, Jamaica beginning in August 2017.
All male applicants must complete the Elias Issa Scholarship application form with all supporting documents are to be submitted NOT LATER THAN THE DUE DATE.
Number of Scholarships: One (1)
Course: Management Studies at (UWI) or a Business Administration Degree at the UTECH, or Hospitality and Tourism
Tenure: Three (3) years
Value: Full Tuition, books and maintenance allowance at the University of West Indies or the University of Technology, Jamaica
Age Limit: Be under 25 years of age on the 1st of October of the year of the award
Elias A. Issa Scholarship Eligibility
To be eligible for the 2017 Elias A. Issa Scholarship, candidate applicants should fulfill the following:
- Be a Jamaican national (born in Jamaica; born overseas to Jamaican parents or have been naturalized0
- Have resided in Jamaica for a period of at least five (5) years immediately preceding the year of the award.
- Meet the matriculation requirements of the University of the West Indies or the University of Technology.
Condition of this Elias A. Issa Scholarship Award
- Successful candidate will be bonded to work in Jamaica for a period not exceeding five (5) years.
- The Elias A. Issa Scholarship is valid for the academic year immediately following the offer of the award and cannot be deferred for any reason.
The 2017/2018 Scholarship Award will be to a Male applicant
When to apply? Apply between April 4 – April 29, 2017
For additional information about this Issa scholarship opportunity, please contact the Ministry of Education and/or the Student Financial Aid Department at the respective Universities.