Access to Higher Education Partnership Programme
The Higher Education Partnership Programme funded by the AHEP Programme is an annual partnership programme between NYS and select Tertiary institutions. At present our partners are the College of Agriculture, Science and Education (CASE), Caribbean Maritime Institution (CMI), Browns Town Community College (BTCC) and the Montego Bay Community College (MBCC).
AHEP Programme offers up to $100,000 tuition assistance through the Higher Education Partnership Programme to scholars who are studying in national priority areas (Agriculture, Logistics, Engineering, Tourism, Information and Communication Technology). Scholars are required to maintain a GPA of 3.0 and complete 4 empowerment sessions and 40 hours of volunteer service.
Established in 1973, the National Youth Service (NYS) aims to equip youth with the necessary life coping skills to foster their personal and career development as well as enhance their contribution to community and national development through this Higher Education Partnership Programme sponsored by the AHEP Programme.
The objectives of the NYS Higher Education Partnership Programme are:
- To train youth within the 17 – 24 age cohort in practical services.
- To provide participants with employability skills and training needed to function in the world of work.
- To build and maintain robust relationships with community stakeholders.
Persons 17 to 24 years old; pursuing studies at of Agriculture Science and Education, Caribbean Maritime Institute, Montego Bay Community College and Brown’s Town Community College. (conditions apply)
Tuition assistance for 1 year in the first instance. It is renewable up to a maximum support of 3 years pending satisfactory performance.
Tuition assistance up to $100,000 is given to participants of partnering institutions
- Four (4) workshops each academic year for personal and professional development
- 40 hours of voluntary service
Must be between the ages of 17-24 years.
- Submit a completed application form (no more than 6 months old)
- One recent passport size photograph (no more than 6 months old)
- TRN (copy)
- Valid ID (passport, voters ID, drivers license and school ID)
- Birth Certificate (copy)
- Two reference letters (1 must be character reference and 1 academic)
- Write an essay of 350-500 words
- Provide transcript to verify proof of Grade Point Average (GPA)
- Must be at least a GPA of 3.0
- Tuition letter (evidence of annual tuition verified by institution)
- Acceptance letter (1st year applicants) or Status letter (2nd year or beyond)
- Must be enrolled full time.