Apply for the Jamaica Energy Partners Scholarship Program!
The JEP Scholarships that is offered by the Jamaica Energy Partners, recognizes the need for academic advancement in order to foster economic development in Jamaica. The Company remains committed to assist in laying the building blocks for academic success in the parish of St. Catherine, in which it operates. As such, the JEP Scholarship program awards two (2) scholarships each academic year to cover tuition, books and material – about J$250,000.
JEP Scholarship Definition
Children in the parish of St. Catherine- Must have lived in the parish for a minimum of five years and currently reside in the parish.
The JEP Scholarship Eligibility
- All children who live in the parish of St. Catherine based on the above-mentioned definition;
- Scholarship to be awarded for study at a recognized/accredited tertiary institution must be approved and regulated by the relevant governing bodies;
- An individual must be twenty-one years (21) or younger upon entry to the institution in order to benefit from this programme;
- Scholarship is provided for academic excellence and or financial need.
Expenses Covered by the JEP Scholarship Program
- The JEP Scholarships will cover the following expenses:
- Tuition; and
- Related expenses such as books, supplies and equipment required for courses;
- The JEP scholarship does not cover expenses such as room and board fees;
- This award is eligible to both fulltime and part time students pursuing degree and diploma programmes. However, for part-time students to be eligible the individual must demonstrate exceptional circumstances that have prevented him/her from full-time enrollment;
JEP Scholarship Duration & Value
- The duration and the value of the JEP scholarship are dependent on the discretion of the management and board of directors of Jamaica Energy Partners.
- However, as a guide the JEP scholarship will be for a minimum of one year, provided that the student is able to maintain an average grade point average (GPA) of B+.
- Any recipient who falls below the required GPA for any semester will have a semester to improve the grades, should the JEP scholarship be for a period greater than one (1) year. Failure to meet the required grade will result in the JEP scholarship being discontinued. The individual may reapply should the grades be improved to the required level.
- The scholarship may be extended for a period not greater than the prescribed length of study as described and prescribed by the tertiary institution.
- The Value of the scholarship will be dependent on the tertiary institution and the availability of funds by the company.
- The company maintains the right to discontinue funding and the programme at any time it deems fit.
- The JEP scholarship will be terminated on the following basis:
- Suspension from school for misconduct or inappropriate behavior
- Failure to meet academic progress
- If the student was dishonest on the application for the scholarship
Get Additional JEP Scholarship Application Process information by clicking HERE