- Number of Award(s): One (1)
- Value: Full Tuition including miscellaneous fees (up to a maximum of J$ 350,000)
- Maximum Tenure: Two (2) years
This is an annual scholarship program that is offered through the Joan Duncan Foundation. Add this scholarship to your calendar so you can be the one of the first to apply for the next academic year whether you are successful this year or not.
JMMB Journalism Scholarship Eligibility:
The JMMB journalism scholarship award is available to Jamaican nationals who are:
- Registered , full time students at Caribbean Institute for Media and Communication (CARIMAC);
- Pursuing a B.A. in Journalism (radio, print or television);
- Entering level two (2) or three (3)
Criteria for the JMMB Scholarship
The JMMB scholarship award will be based on:
- High academic performance in the last academic year (at least a GPA of 3.3);
- Verifiable financial need;
- Involvement in community development and/or co-curricular activities
Method of Selection
Shortlisted JMMB journalism scholarship candidates will be interviewed by representatives from the University of the West Indies and the Donor.
The JMMB journalism scholarship candidate selected will be required to participate in transformational leadership activities organized by the Joan Duncan Foundation.
How to Apply
Application for financial assistance and scholarships and bursaries begins with the completion of the application form which may be downloaded from this site.
The procedure is as follows:
- Obtain the application form
- Complete pages 1 to 5 and page 7
- Have your referee complete page 6
- Submit completed form to the Office of Student Financing.
NOTE: Incomplete application forms will NOT be processed.
Kindly refer to the qualification criteria.
Download the JMMB journalism scholarship application forms here!