JN Foundation Legacy Scholarship
The JN Foundation Legacy Scholarship is now open to local Jamaica graduate student applicants. Apply for the University of Birmingham Master’s Degree Programme and become eligible for the University of Birmingham and the Jamaica National Scholarship. The JN Foundation Legacy scholarship will provide the opportunity for an outstanding Jamaican student to be apart of a university community which offers education that is academically challenging; and, above all, transformative. Should the lucky JN Foundation Legacy Scholarship awardee demonstrate outstanding ability in a particular sport, special assistance may be provided for athletic development and training.
The JN Foundation Legacy Scholarship Offer
- One scholarship for a Jamaican to undertake a one-year masters degree at the University of Birmingham Business School, commencing in October 2016
- To be an eligible scholarship candidate, the scholar MUST have been accepted for one of the 19 Masters programmes offered by the University’s Business School
- Tuition fees, accommodations, travel costs and a contribution to living expenses will be covered by the JN Foundation Legacy Scholarship.
JN Legacy Scholarship Criteria
- Have an excellent academic background – upper second class bachelors degree or cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Have graduated within the last two years from a tertiary institution accredited by the University Council of Jamaica
- Be a Jamaican citizen by birth and must be resident in Jamaica at the time of the application
- Demonstrate excellence in all spheres of their life, including exceptional achievement in extra-curricular activities in their profession or through volunteerism and service to others
- Demonstrate suitability to act as an ambassador and representative of both the University of Birmingham and Jamaica National while in Birmingham
- Be able to satisfy the entry requirements for the united kingdom.