JSIF Skills Training Vocational Scholarships

JSIF Skills Training Vocational Scholarships

The Jamaica Social Investment Fund (JSIF) Through the Poverty Reduction Programme (PRP) Invites applications for Skills Training & Vocational Scholarships

The JSIF Skills Training Vocational Scholarships are been offered to qualified Jamaican applicants. Applications are eligible for Academic year 2016/2017 of the total budget of approximately JMD $10Million, recipients will receive a maximum of JMD$200,000 each.

The JSIF Skills Training Vocational Scholarships are open to eligible students ( aged 17-25 years) attending a locally accredited HEART Certified Institutions in the parishes listed below. The JSIF Skills Training Vocational Scholarships are also open to eligible persons (aged 17-25 years) who wish to pursue skills training in the following courses:

  • Bakery Chef
  • Data Operations
  • Customer Service
  • Housekeeping, Linen Room attendant, Court Reporters
  • Digital Animation
  • Pest Control Management
  • Computer Repairs & Maintenance
  • Property Maintenance, Landscape & Grounds Maintenance
  • Certified Nurse’s Aide
  • Food Handling Practices & Procedures
  • Other……………………………………

Completed Application Forms should be submitted at the JSIF Office, The Dorchester, 11 Oxford Road (entrance on Norwood Avenue), Kingston 5 or the SDC Office, Albion Community Centre, 1 Albion Road, Montego Bay.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.


DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF THE JSIF SCHOLARSHIPS WILL BE 4:00P.M., SEPTEMBER 16

Late applications will not be processed. All application Forms are available at the JSIF Office/website: www.jsif.org and selected SDC Offices (St. James, Clarendon, St. Catherine, Kingston and St. Andrew). *(This is an indicative amount. The final amount is at the discretion of the PRP.)

The PRP IV was established to support the Government’s Community Renewal Programme (CRP) which is slated to provide assistance in several of the country’s poorest communities across the island. The project seeks to achieve:

  1. Transformation and Development in the eligible communities
  2. Social Inclusion: Community Empowerment, Involvement and Participation
  3. The engendering of an environment that is violence free, fostering economic viability

Interested persons between the ages of 17 and 25 are invited to apply for scholarship assistance for their tuition fees through the PRP IV initiative. This offer does not include tertiary programmes offered by vocational institutions. PRP will pay 90% of the fees up to a maximum of $200,000 per individual. The remaining 10% will be financed by the scholarship recipient.

If already enrolled in a vocational institution, to apply you must

  • Be a resident of one of the listed communities (see over)
  • Be in financial need
  • Be actively involved in voluntary work through community-based organization(s) and/or other voluntary programmes
  • Have confirmed continued acceptance in a vocational training programme (please see HEART Trust/NTA listing for vocational programmes) at an accredited HEART Certified Institution in which you will receive a HEART or NCTVET certificate at the end of the programme.
  • Must be in good academic standing (at least three CSEC/CAPE subjects or NCTVET Certificate)
  • Not be in arrears for your previous academic year for tuition or any other fees

If not enrolled in a vocational institution, to apply, you must:

  • Be a resident of one of the listed communities (see over)
  • Be in financial need
  • Be actively involved in voluntary work through community-based organization(s) and/or other voluntary programmes
  • Must be in good academic standing (obtained three or more CSEC/CAPE passes)

The following notes provide guidance to applicants:

  • The application form must be fully completed and signed by the applicant
  • The completed application must be submitted before the deadline (September 16, 2016 at 4:00pm). Only applications received before the deadline AND that have all supporting documents will be evaluated. Applications will be date stamped at time of receipt.

For students already enrolled in a vocational institution

  • The completed application form must be accompanied by the following:
    • Letter from the institution to evidence enrolment
    • A certified copy of your birth certificate
    • Letter/statement from the institution stating fees for the 2016/2017 academic year and confirming there are no outstanding fees
    • Grades for previous academic year – certified transcript from the institution, certificates from previous levels, CXC/CAPE results ( for those entering Level One)
%d bloggers like this: