International R&B Superstar Rihanna is offering the Rihanna Scholarships to students of the english speaking Caribbean that currently reside in the USA through her Clara Lionel Foundation. The Clara Lionel Foundation (CLF) was founded in 2012 by Rihanna to honor her grandparents, Clara and Lionel Braithwaite. CLF funds health, education, art and culture through programs such as the Clara Braithwaite Center for Oncology and Nuclear Medicine in Barbados, the CLF Global Rihanna Scholarships Program and the Barbados Micro Grants for Schools Program. Having raised millions for charity, Rihanna’s inspiring legacy of service to others continues in CLF’s mission, programs and partnerships.
Rihanna’s past high-profile charity work includes a donation of $1.75 million to a Barbadian hospital for their oncology program and her collaboration with the makeup company MAC on the ongoing Viva Glam campaign, which raises money for people living with and affected by HIV and AIDS. According to the Clara Lionel Foundation, sales of the first Rihanna lipstick raised $60 million in 2013.
The Clara Lionel Foundation has established the Rihanna scholarships program to assist citizens or natives of Brazil, Barbados, Cuba, Haiti, Grenada, Guyana, or Jamaica who plan to continue their education in college in the United States.
Eligibility for Rihanna Scholarships
Applicants to the Rihanna Scholarships or the Clara Lionel Foundation Scholarships Program must be:
- A citizen or native of Brazil, Barbados, Cuba, Haiti, Grenada, Guyana, or Jamaica. Applicants must have been born in one of these countries. If selected as a finalist, you will need to provide a copy of your birth certificate.
- Eligible to study in the United States and been accepted to an accredited four-year college or university located in the United States. As part of your application, you will need to upload a copy of your acceptance letter.
- A first time college freshmen (with fewer than 12 college credits unless those credits were earned in high school) planning to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited four-year college or university for the entire 2016-2017 academic year.
- Eligible to receive funding per the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
No employee or consultant of the Clara Lionel Foundation (CLF) or Roc Nation, LLC, or any family member of such employee or consultant, is eligible to apply. No officer or director of the CLF, member of the Selection Committee, employee, consultant or family member of any officer, director, or member of the Selection Committee, is eligible to apply.
- 2016 Guidelines and Application in English – To be submitted electronically.
As part of your Rihanna scholarships application, you must upload the following documents to Scholarship Management Services by June 10, 2016:
- A current, complete transcript of grades. Grade reports are not accepted. Unofficial transcripts must display student name, school name, grades and credit hours for each course and term in which each course was taken.
- A completed Applicant Appraisal Form (click to view and print the form).
- A copy of the acceptance letter from the accredited four-year college or university you will be attending in the United States.
- Your application is not complete unless all required documents are submitted electronically.
Your application must be submitted by June 10, 2016 by 1:00 p.m. Central Daylight Time.