The Annual Sagicor Scholarships
Sagicor Scholarships will be awarded to Jamaica national applicants that have been accepted to any of the following institutions to pursue a first degree:
- University of the West Indies (UWI)
- University of Technology, Jamaica (UTECH)
- Northern Caribbean University (NCU)
- University College of the Caribbean (UCC)
- Mico University College
- Edna Manley College of the Visual and Performing Arts
- Caribbean Maritime Institute (CMI)
The Sagicor scholarships funding is up to a maximum of J$250,000 per successful applicants.
Eligibility for the Sagicor Scholarships
- Students applying for the sagicor scholarships must be accepted to pursue full time studies and have a GPA of 3.0 and above.
- Applicants must demonstrate the need for financial assistance.
- ONLY clients of Sagicor Group Jamaica and its subsidiaries are eligible. Students whose parents are clients will be considered. Team Members of Sagicor Group Jamaica are not eligible to apply. Sagicor Team Members may apply for the Sagicor Foundation internal sagicor scholarships plan when advertised internally.
- Sagicor Scholarships offered are applicable to tuition fees and paid directly to the recipient’s institutions.
- Application forms are available online at sagicorJamaica.com/foundation , at any Sagicor Life, Bank or investments branch or at the qualifying institutions or universities listed above.
- Applicants must submit the following with the application forms:
- The Sagicor Scholarship Essay, of no more than 200 words, outlining their education and financial need as well as why the scholarship would address their financial need.
- 2nd, 3rd and 4th year students: Last transcript required.
- 1st year student: a minimum of 5 CSEC/CXC/GCE subjects, range 1 & 2, including Mathematics and English language.
- Completed application form and supporting documents must be submitted in a simple envelope to the Information Desk at any Sagicor Life, bank and Investments branch islandwide or mailed to the Sagicor Group, Sagicor Foundation Scholarships, Group Marketing, 28-48 Barbados Avenue, Kingston.
All Sagicor Foundation recipients will be required to give at least 20 hours of voluntary service to the Sagicor Foundation activities. Complete the application form here.
Application Deadline: June 17 annually