Please submit the completed form and the requested documents to the Office of Student Financing, UWI.
The Student Academic Enrichment Fund by the University of the West Indies, Mona Campus supports activities such as:
- Attendance at conferences/seminars/workshops;
- Participation in UWI sponsored field trips and educational tours;
- Exchange programmes.
Students must complete a Student Academic Enrichment Fund application form, supplying all the information requested. Requests must be submitted along with a detailed budget, supporting invoices, student’s contribution and other relevant documents and should be routed through the Head of Department and Dean of the Faculty to which the student belongs. The Dean as well as the Head of Department must approve the student’s attendance at the conference or seminar or workshop or exchange programme or any other activity.
Successful applications of the Student Academic Enrichment Fund must be supported by a statement from the Head of Department outlining the value of the activity for the student’s academic enrichment. Additionally, applicants must provide evidence of all other grants received from the University of the West Indies or other sources.
Criteria for the Student Academic Enrichment Fund
Student Academic Enrichment Fund applicants must be in good financial standing with the University and have an unblemished disciplinary record.
- Applicants must have at least a GPA of 3.30 at the time of applying.
- Students are required to be full-time, final year students who will be participating in the activity for which
they have applied.
- Students are required to be active members of the clubs or societies on Campus and have verifiable evidence of community and other contribution.
Any student who wishes to be considered for assistance should submit his/her request at least four (4) weeks before
the advertised date of that meeting.
Fulfillment of the criteria guarantees that requests will be considered but the Selection Committee reserves the right
to determine who receives assistance and the level of such assistance.