Extended Application Period to Apply for 2017 UWI Scholarship
The University of West Indies, Mona Campus has extended their 2017 UWI scholarship application period to Friday, July 14 for majority of their scholarship programs and Saturday, July 15, 2017 for selected external scholarship programs.
This is great news for us and should be for all you late scholarship applicants. At the time of this article we estimate that you have five (5) more days to review and complete the application process for these lucrative scholarships. If you need help, our knowledgeable and certified scholarship coaches here at www.ScholarshipJamaica.com would be delighted to assist you with your application. Huh! Yes, and its no cost to you. Just give us a call, text or drop us an email.
UWI Scholarship Guidelines
The following are general guidelines for the UWI scholarships regarding their scholarships and bursaries available for the academic year 2017/2018:
- Application deadline has been extended for some awards to FRIDAY, JULY 14, 2017
- In order to be considered for any award, a Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 3.0 (B average) is expected. Some awards may require a higher GPA.
- The UWI scholarship awards are available to full-time undergraduate students of the University of the West Indies (unless otherwise stipulated).
- The applicant should only apply for scholarships/bursaries for which the prescribed criteria are met as indicated on each terms of award.
- The required status as indicated on each term of award is as at the academic year 2017/2018. For example, if the criteria states “must be in level II”, the applicant is expected to be enrolled in level II in the 2017/2018 academic year.
- Students must complete (LEGIBLY), one application form. Please list the awards for which you wish to be considered in order of preference.
- The completed application form should be submitted to the Office of Student Financing, UWI, Mona Campus.
The following are a list of some of the more lucrative scholarship programs that are affected by this application extension.
- The SOL Scholarship (July 14)
- Roger and Deanah Cogle Scholarship (July 15)
- Dr. Earl O’Brien Bursary (July 4)
- Sylvan & George Alleyne Scholarship (July 28)
- Senior Common Room Anniversary Scholarship (July 14)
- Credit Union Fund Management Company (CUFMC) Bursary (July 15)
- J.E.T.S. Limited 21st Anniversary Scholarship (July 15)