CHASE Fund Education Scholarship Policy
CHASE Fund Education Policy covers the gamut of the approximately 5600 early childhood practitioners in 3000 basic schools and 404 registered Day Care Centres. Of this number only approximately 900 are college-trained. The specific objective of the CHASE Fund Education Policy is to provide scholarships for candidates to pursue early childhood professional training leading to an Undergraduate or Associate Degree in Early Childhood; a Post Graduate Degree as well or specialised short courses.
Annual Allocation & Distribution of CHASE Fund Education Scholarships
The CHASE Fund Scholarship is awarded each year to applicants who have enrolled in full-time or part-time study at an accredited institution. The allocation is capped at 20% of the sector’s annual receipts. The scholarships are awarded for the duration of the programme of study to a maximum of four years.
Students can apply for either one of the following categories:
- Associate’s Degree
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Post Graduate Degree
- Specialized Short Courses or to attend conferences locally and abroad
When and How to Apply
Scholarships are advertised in April/May each year. Application forms are available at the Office of the Early Childhood Commission located at 8-10 Ocean Boulevard, Kingston and on the CHASE Fund’s website at www.chase.org.jm.
- Be a Jamaican Citizen
- Applicants must demonstrate exceptional performance in key areas of academic achievement, contribution to community, school and workplace.
- Complete an application form
- Provide an official transcript
- Must have achieved at least a B average (GPA of 3.0) in the previous academic year
- Preference will be given to applicants who are employed to an Early Childhood Institution
- Provide an acceptance letter from the Institution/College.
- Provide a recommendation from the Education Officer/Development Officer and Parish School Board
Value of Scholarships
CHASE Fund Education Policy for scholarships will provide support for tuition only. A maximum of 80% of tuition per annum will be covered.
Recipients receiving scholarship awards in excess of $300,000 will be bonded according to the Ministry of Finance (MOF) policy.
Maintenance of Scholarship
Applicants are required to maintain a “B” average during the full term of the programme.
Scholarship Selection Committee
The Scholarship Committee comprises of a representative from the CHASE Fund; the Early Childhood Commission (ECC); the Tertiary Unit (Ministry of Education) and the Teachers’ Colleges.
Download the CHASE Fund Education Scholarship Application Form – Early Childhood Education