UWI Scholarships and Bursaries
The University of the West Indies – UWI scholarships and bursaries are mainly offered through the UWI Office of Student Financing (OSF). Enrolled students and prospective students are provided with UWI financial aid information regarding the programmes of financial assistance that are available at the Mona Campus of the University of the West Indies.
The UWI Administration is aware of the financial difficulties facing many students and with the help of various public-spirited organizations and individuals, the Office of Student Financing has endeavored to provide UWI bursaries, which can be of assistance to students in situations of severe hardships and emergency.
The Office of Student Financing exists to assist registered students with Scholarships who are experiencing these situations and administer a number of programmes of financial assistance to ensure that student’s needs can be met. In addition, the Office provides various forms of financial assistance-related information to students which range from advising students on UWI scholarships and bursaries to the provision of formal guidance sessions to students groups on financial planning and management while on Campus.
General Scholarships Opportunity
- ScholarshipJamaica Database
- UWIDEF UWI Scholarship Fund
- Carreras Open Scholarships
- Grace Kennedy Foundation Scholarships
- NCB Foundation Scholarships
- Digicel Jamaica Foundation Scholarships
- Jamaica Flour Mills Scholarships
- JNBS Foundation Scholarships
- Jamaica Energy Partners and WKPP Scholarships
- JMMB’s Joan Duncan Foundation
Financial Aid by faculties
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Faculty of Medical Sciences
- Faculty of Science and Technology
- Faculties of Humanities and Education
- Faculty of Engineering (St. Augustine Campus)
- Faculty of Science & Agriculture (St. Augustine Campus)
- The deadline date to apply for all UWI scholarships (unless otherwise stated) is MAY 31.
- In order to be considered for any award, a GPA of at least 3.0 (B avg) is expected. Some awards may require a higher GPA.
- The awards are available to full-time undergraduate students of the University of the West Indies.
- The required status as indicated on each term of award is as at the next academic period.
- You must complete one application form. Please list the awards for which you wish to be considered in order of preference.
- The completed application form should be submitted to the Office of Student Financing, UWI, Mona Campus.
Please visit this UWI Scholarships webpage frequently, as updates will be done periodically.
UWI Part-Time Scholarships
- Kyorel Procurement Solutions scholarship US$500 | Deadline: November 10
Additional UWI Scholarships and Awards (Not administrated by the Office of Student Financing)
These UWI Scholarships are NOT directly administered by the Office of Student Financing. For the awards listed below, the application process and additional details may be obtained from the respective Donor organization including their website.
Betting Gaming and Lotteries Commision Education Grant DEADLINE July 12
Sydney A Phillips Scholarship DEADLINE June 12 for STUDENTS FROM ST. MARY
Three UWI Florida Chapter Student Scholarhips – DEADLINE March 31
Mission for Health (M4H) Dental Scholarship – DEADLINE March 31
Through the Ministry of Labour and Social Security, the Programme of Advancement Through Health and Education (PATH) awards bursaries to students from PATH households who are currently enrolled in a tertiary institution. The process to apply for the bursaries is as follows:
The PATH is advertised to all UWI students through the Banner system and on the Office of Student Financing website. First to fourth year students should submit their application to the Office of Student Financing.
The application form is available on the Office of Student Financingwebsite for the entire year however the completed form will only be collected by the Office of Student Financing staff August to September each year unless otherwise directed by the Ministry of Labour.
Only students with a 2.50 Grade Point Average (G.P.A.) or higher are eligible to apply. The form must be properly completed to include the Family number and date of birth of each student.