Scholarship Management Services
Scholarship Management is a unique corporate scholarship solution service niche within the Caribbean region. It offer to companies, foundations, regular Joe or opinion Leaders such as sports stars, entertainers or top business leaders, the opportunity to donate education financing awards to their families, customers, employees and the public. Scholarship Management service manages education assistance programs for businesses, not-for-profits, individuals, groups and other entities.
Functions of SJ Scholarship Management
- SJ Scholarship Management functions as a division of Next Move Jamaica Limited. The idea for it came about nearly five years ago, when individuals in the Jamaica diaspora and when General Accident Insurance Company Limited approached us about designing a scholarship program to help it financially support students’ educations.
- Since then, SJ Scholarship Management services has grown to serve more than 76 clients for last four (4) years — a mix of conglomerates, top Jamaican companies, wealthy individuals, working class citizens, community organizations, and government agencies — by offering turnkey solutions to help create and manage their educational assistance programs.
- Our client list includes local and international entities and individuals such as General Accident Insurance Company Limited, NMJ International Inc., Fenderson Sisters, Lebby Enterprise, and the Green Foundation, to name a few. Please see Partners.
See What We Can Do For Your Company
Scholarship Management Geared to Your Needs!
Scholarship Management design and implement customized company-sponsored education assistance programs that can help bring higher education to students island wide. But implementing a program on your own requires extra time, money and training. Oftentimes, the added administrative burden put on your internal team is too much. We are experts in managing education assistance programs for corporations and foundations of all sizes, and individuals – partnering with us will help give you back your time, increase profile and save you money. Read more about Scholarship Donor Equity and benefits.
Who can sponsor a scholarship program?
Almost anyone can sponsor a program. Our clients include companies, membership organizations, private foundations, community foundations, associations, unions, trusts and individuals. We work with all types and sizes of organizations.
How are the fees determined for managing a scholarship program?
Scholarship Management Services offers free consultations. A representative will work with you to develop a program design at no cost to you. We recognize you have unique goals for your program and we will work with you to create your customized program design. The management fee is determined when your program design is established, so you pay only for the services you need. Contact us to receive more information
How long does it take to get a scholarship program up and running?
The total implementation time of a scholarship program is dependent on the criteria required to manage the program. Once the program details are finalized and approved by an organization, the implementation time is generally 2-4 weeks.
Is there a program minimum or maximum size to use your service?
No, we offer our services to very small companies who simply do not have the infrastructure to administer education assistance programs, and to very large companies who have discovered the value of using outside experts.
What services do you provide for scholarship program administration?
- Application processing
- Application evaluation
- Employment verification
- Recipient selection
- Applicant notification
- Payment processing
- Renewal award processing
- Student tracking
- Day-to-day customer service
- Detailed program reporting
What elements are factored into the cost of managing a scholarship program?
There are many factors that determine the cost of managing a scholarship program, from application format and renewals to translation services and awards. Please contact us so we can discuss your program needs and estimate the cost of your program.
What is the average scholarship award amount?
Although scholarships range from JM$1000 to a full ride, the average scholarship award amount for programs managed by SJ Scholarship Management Services is around JM$8,700.
What kinds of application materials does SJ Scholarship Management Services provide?
- Online-applications – We can facilitate online promotions and scholarship application processing solutions. Applicants can apply and submit required documents online.
- Program Promotions and Tracking – We will create, promote and track the progress of your scholarship program – promotions on our social media pages, website, incorporate in your website and social media pages.
- PDF forms – We create and send PDF forms to you for your company to distribute or post on your website.
What is the benefit of offering renewable scholarships?
Renewable scholarships can help see a student through a degree from start to finish. The cost to attend school increases as one advances in school. Often, a student drops out after his/her first two years of school because the funding to cover expenses has run out.