The Annual 2017 Jamaica Scholarships from the Ministry of Education
The annual 2017 Jamaica scholarships are annual scholarship opportunities offered by the Ministry of Education (MOE) Jamaica. This scholarship programme will be issued as follows: 2017 Jamaica Scholarships for male or female; Jamaica Independence scholarship for male or female; the open Jamaica Independence Scholarship; The Jamaica Centenary Alternative Years for a male student applicant; and an open Jamaica Adult Suffrage scholarship opportunity.
These annual scholarship opportunities will be attainable at the University of the West Indies, Mona Campus.
Course: Any first degree at the University of West Indies, Mona Campus
Tenure: Three (3) to Five (5) years
Tenable: At the University of the West Indies
Age Limit: No older than 19 years old on June 1 of the year of qualifying examination (i.e. Cambridge ‘A’ Levels of C.A.P.E.)
Value: Covers Full Tuition Fees, Maintenance and Book Allowance
Eligibility: Candidates should be persons who:
- are sitting the C.A.P.E. or the Cambridge ‘A’ Level examination in at least three (3) subjects and General paper in June.
- was born in Jamaica or was born overseas to parents who are Jamaican citizens or
- have been naturalized as a Jamaica
- Having met the requirement of two (2) above have resided in Jamaica for a period of at least five (5) years immediately preceding the examination.
- In the Case of the Jamaican Centenary Scholarship applicant (male/female) must submit a certificate showing that he/she has attended a public primary school (infant school excluded) for at least three years. The 2017/2018 awardee will be a male applicant.
The seven (7) 2017 Jamaica scholarships are awarded on a yearly basis to candidates whose performance is the most outstanding in the G.C.E. ‘A’ Level Examination of C.A.P.E.
Conditions of Awarding the 2017 Jamaica Scholarships
- Successful candidates will be bonded to work in Jamaica for a period not exceeding five (5) years.
- The scholarship award is valid for the academic year immediately following the offer of the award and cannot be deffered for any reason.
When To Apply? March 7 – 31, 2017