The Ministry of Education and Youth through its Tertiary Unit, will be accepting applications for its Tertiary Student Assistance Programme commencing in April 2023. Under this programme, a number of scholarships and grants are available to tertiary level students accepted in universities and colleges across the island.
Also, we will be accepting applications for the Emancipation Post Graduate Scholarship for the 2023/2024 academic year. The scholarship is open to both males and females who have at least an Upper Second Class honours degree, or its equivalent, from a recognized University. Candidates must be pursuing or about to pursue full-time graduate studies at the University of the West Indies, Cave Hill, Mona or St. Augustine campuses in one of the following areas:
- Applied Technology in Agriculture
- Information Technology
- Environmental Studies or
Candidates will be required to download and complete the application form below and submit it with supporting documents to the Office of the Post Graduate Studies and Research, Cave Hill, Mona or St. Augustine Campuses, the University of the West Indies, no later than Friday, June 30, 2023, in order for their applications to be processed.
About the Ministry of Education, Youth & Information Student Assistance Programme
The Ministry of Education, Youth and Information’s (MoEYI) Tertiary Students Assistance Programme has a suite of funding options available to Jamaican students pursuing tertiary programmes of study. Eligible students may access support to fund their higher education programmes through one of three avenues available under the Tertiary Students Assistance Programme: –
• Grants (The Financial Assistance for Tertiary Education Programme);
• JAMVAT – a work/study programme.
General list of requirements, Scholarships Applications should include:
- A recent passport sized photograph;
- A certified copy of birth certificate;
- A letter of domicile signed by: Justice of the Peace; Minister of Religion; or
- Other reputable member of the community
- A Certificate of fitness from a Registered Medical Practitioner;
- A Character letter signed by one of the persons mentioned above;
- A letter of Academic or Professional Reference;
- A Certified copy of TRN;
- Certified copies of educational records and current progress report if
- attending University;
- Evidence of acceptance/application at U.W.I. or U-Tech;
- Letter of approval from Chief Personnel Officer (in case of applicants in the Civil Service).
- Barita Foundation to reward outstanding youth scholars with scholarships
- The 2023 NCB Foundation Scholarship is accepting applications for scholarships, grants
- GOJ’s Continuing Strategies to Increase Tertiary Education Financing Access Through Grant In Aids
- Apply for the Mico STEM Scholarships (Mico University College) Programme
- Mico Student-Teacher Grateful for STEM Scholarship
- The Student Loan Bureau Grant Programmes: Grant-in-Aid
Supporting documents are to be submitted when shortlisted applicants present themselves for an interview or prior if required to support the shortlisting process.