The Sagicor Foundation is inviting applicants to apply for their annual Sagicor Foundation Scholarship by June 13, 2022.
There are at least seven (7) full Sagicor Foundation scholarships valued at J$250,000 open to qualified students at the Caribbean Maritime University, Mico University College, Northern Caribbean University, University of Technology, Jamaica, The University of the West Indies, University College of the Caribbean and the Edna Manley College of the Visual and Performing Arts.
The Sagiccor Foundation Scholarships are open to students of the above listed universities reading for an undergraduate degree in any faculty. Completed applications should be submitted to any Sagicor location islandwide addressed to: Sagicor Foundation Scholarship 2022/23, Sagicor Foundation Office, Ground Floor, 28-48 Barbados Ave, Kingston 5.
Download your Sagicor Foundation Scholarship Application HERE
The scholarships, valued at up to $250,000 each, annually, are offered up to a maximum of four (4) years for students studying full-time and pursuing their first degree. Scholarship funds are used to assist with tuition fees. Application form is available online at sagicorjamaica.com/foundation or at all listed universities and all sagicor locations islandwide. Deadline June 13, 2022 | Seven (7) awards at $250,000 for four (4) years | Grand total on offer: J$7,000,000
Scholarships will be awarded to applicants that have been accepted to any of the following institutions to
pursue a first degree:
- University of the West Indies (UWI)
- University of Technology (UTech)
- Northern Caribbean University (NCU)
- University of the Commonwealth Caribbean (UCC)
- Mico University College
- Edna Manley College of the Visual and Performing Arts
- Caribbean Maritime Institute
Sagicor Foundation Scholarship Eligibility
The Scholarship funding is up to a maximum of $250,000 per successful applicant per year for a maximum of four (4) years – a potential scholarship award over the life of the scholarship of J$1,000,000. Students applying must be accepted to pursue fulltime studies and have a GPA of 3.0 and above.
- Applicants must demonstrate the need for financial assistance.
- Only clients of Sagicor Group Jamaica and its subsidiaries are eligible. Students whose parents are clients will be considered. Team members of Sagicor Group Jamaica are not eligible to apply.
Sagicor Team members may apply for the Sagicor Foundation internal scholarship Plan when
- Scholarships offered are applicable to tuition fees and paid directly to the recipient’s institution.
Sagicor Foundation Scholarship application forms are available online at sagicorjamaica.com/foundation, at any Sagicor Life, Bank or Investments branch or at the qualifying institutions or universities listed above.
Applicants must submit the following with the application forms:
- The scholarship essay, of no more than 200 words, outlining their education and financial need as
well as why the scholarship would address their financial need.
- 2nd, 3rd and 4th year students: Last transcript required.
- 1st year students: Minimum 5 CSEC/CXC/GCE subjects, range 1 & 2, including Mathematics
and English Language.
Completed application forms should be submitted in a single envelope to the client service area at any
Sagicor Life, Sagicor Bank or Sagicor Investments branch island-wide or mailed to: The Sagicor Group,
Sagicor Foundation Scholarships 2022, Group Marketing, 28-48 Barbados Avenue, Kingston 5.
All Sagicor Foundation Scholarship recipients will be required to give at least 20 hours of voluntary
service to the Sagicor Foundation activities.
Scholarship Application Deadline: June 13, 2022