UWI Scholarships & Bursaries
UWI scholarships are mainly offered through the UWI Office of Student Financing (OSF). Enrolled students and prospective students are provided with UWI scholarships information regarding the programmes of financial assistance that are available at the Mona Campus of the University of the West Indies.
The UWI Administration is aware of the financial difficulties facing many students and with the help of various public-spirited organizations and individuals, the OSF has endeavored to provide UWI Scholarship funds which can be of assistance to students in situations of severe hardships and emergency.
The OSF exists to assist registered students with UWI Scholarships who are experiencing these situations and administer a number of programmes of financial assistance to ensure that student’s needs can be met. In addition, the Office provides various forms of financial assistance-related information to students which range from advising students on UWI scholarships and bursaries to the provision of formal guidance sessions to students groups on financial planning and management while on Campus.
General UWI Scholarships Opportunity
- ScholarshipJamaica Database
- UWIDEF Scholarship Fund
- Carreras Open Scholarships
- Grace Kennedy Foundation Scholarships
- NCB Foundation Scholarships
- Digicel Jamaica Foundation Scholarships
- Jamaica Flour Mills Scholarships
- JNBS Foundation Scholarships
UWI Scholarships by faculty
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Faculty of Medical Sciences
- Faculty of Science and Technology
- Faculties of Humanities and Education
- Faculty of Engineering (St. Augustine Campus)
- Faculty of Science & Agriculture (St. Augustine Campus)
UWI Scholarship Guidelines
- The deadline date to apply for all awards (unless otherwise stated) is MAY 31.
- In order to be considered for any award, a GPA of at least 3.0 (B avg) is expected. Some awards may require a higher GPA.
- The awards are available to full-time undergraduate students of the University of the West Indies.
- The required status as indicated on each term of award is as at the next academic period.
- You must complete one application form. Please list the awards for which you wish to be considered in order of preference.
- The completed application form should be submitted to the Office of Student Financing, UWI, Mona Campus.
Please visit this UWI Scholarships webpage frequently, as updates will be done periodically.
UWI Part-Time Scholarships
- Kyorel Procurement Solutions scholarship US$500 | Deadline: November 10