The four (4) CCRIF UWI Scholarships of US$4,000 each are on offer to undergraduate students of the University of the West Indies entering their second of three years of study.
These faculties are listed below under “Eligibility Criteria” and which are aligned to the CCRIF mandate, vision and mission. CCRIF UWI scholarships will be offered on all three campuses of the University of West Indies.
Each CCRIF UWI scholarship will be valued at US$4,000 per student per year. CCRIF will provide scholarship coverage in the third year for the four students awarded scholarships in year 2, subject to satisfactory academic performance (the maintenance of a 3.0 and upwards GPA) in their second year.
CCRIF UWI Scholarships Eligibility Criteria
- The CCRIF UWI scholarships are open to CARICOM nationals as well as nationals of the 16 member countries of CCRIF pursuing a course of undergraduate study in any one of the following seven programmes:
- Faculty of Humanities and Education at Mona for a major in Geography
- Faculty of Science and Agriculture at St. Augustine for a major in Geography
- Faculty of Science and Technology at Mona for a major in Geography or Geology
- Faculty of Engineering at St. Augustine for a degree in Civil with Environmental Engineering
- Faculty of Science and Technology at Cave Hill for a degree in Earth Sciences
- Faculty of Science and Technology at Cave Hill for a degree in Meteorology
- Faculty of Social Sciences at St. Augustine for a special management studies degree in Insurance and Risk Management
- The award will be based on excellent academic performance (minimum GPA of 3.0) and written evidence of financial need or a combination of both
Value of the UWI Scholarships
- Each CCRIF UWI award is valued at US$4,000 per year.
Duration of the Scholarships
The duration of the CCRIF UWI scholarship is for years 2 and 3 of the approved undergraduate programme, with the award in year 3 subject to the academic performance of the student in year 2 meeting the minimum 3.0 GPA.
Scholarships Award Conditions
Recipients of the CCRIF UWI Scholarships must be registered full‐time, and must not be holders of any other scholarship award or be employed full‐time. Students who have withdrawn from the programme without good reason and the approval of the Academic Director (or who fail to complete the programme) will be required to repay the award.
All CCRIF scholarship applicants must submit a completed application form with required supporting documentation
Selection of CCRIF Awardees
The Campus Committees for Undergraduate Awards at the Mona, St. Augustine and Cave Hill Campuses will shortlist the nominees based on the criteria specified and submit the shortlist to the Office of the Board for Undergraduate Studies, which will annually make a recommendation to CCRIF for the award of the CCRIF UWI scholarships.
To apply for one of these CCRIF scholarships, please contact the Office of Post-graduate Studies at the Mona campus.
Apply for the CCRIF UWI Scholarship Now (http://www.ccrif.org/content/scholarship)