The Dorcas Veronica Brown Law Scholarship
The award will be based on:
- verifiable financial need;
- demonstrable community involvement/service.
Method of Selection
Short-listed candidates will be interviewed by a committee comprising personnel from the University and the Donor Committee.
The recipient of the award must show a willingness to contribute to Glenmuir High Schools’ overall development.
The applicant must present three (3) letters of reference:
- One should be from an academic source (i.e. teachers, principal etc…)
- One should be from community based organization (church, club etc…)
- One should be a Personal/Work reference.
The applicant should also provide a personal statement- a 500 word essay titled “Why I desire the D.V. Brown Scholarship”.
NB: Applicants are to attach a RESUME to their applications- the resume must include work experience, educational & co-curricular background, special skills, interests and references.
Please see the links to download application forms for the 2017/2018 academic year: Dorcas Veronica Brown Law Scholarship Application form. Please note that this scholarship will be closed on May 31 at mid-night. Late applications will not be accepted by the university.