Apply for the Jamaica Flour Mills Scholarship!
Applications are invited from qualified students for the 2017 Jamaica Flour Mills Scholarship Programme to be offered by the JAMAICA FLOUR MILLS FOUNDATION to pursue full-time study at University of the West Indies (U.W.I.), University of Technology, Jamaica (UTech) and Northern Caribbean University (N.C.U.).
- Six (6) or more CSEC General Proficiency subjects at Grades I or II, including English Language and Mathematics.
- Three (3) 2-Unit CAPE subjects at Grades I or II, or Three (3) GCE A Level subjects with grades A or B.
- Students must be currently enrolled.
- A GPA of no less than 3.0 in examinations.
- All Candidates must be 17 – 35 years of age
- ALL APPLICANTS/CANDIDATES MUST BE A JAMAICAN CITIZENSHIP
Selection Process, Obligations and Exclusion
Jamaica Flour Mills Scholarship programme recipients are selected on the basis of academic achievement, financial need, demonstrable leadership qualities and participation in school and community activities.
Successful candidates will be required to work in Jamaica for two (2) years for each year of the Scholarship upon completion of the course of study.
Children and/or dependents of persons employed at Jamaica Flour Mills are not eligible for these scholarships.
Application forms for the Jamaica Flour Mills scholarship can be obtained on their website at this link http://www.adm.com/jfmfoundationscholarships. Or through from the following locations:
- Jamaica Flour Mills Limited
- The Jamaica Fluor Mills Limited
- The University Of the West Indies – Office of Student Financing
- University of Technology, Jamaica – Financial Aid Office
- Montego Bay Community College
- Manchester High School
- Brown’s Town Community College
- Manning’s High School
All completed Jamaica Flour Mills Scholarship application form along with two passport size photographs, copies of CSEC/CAPE Certificates or University Transcripts should be submitted by March 31 annually to:
Secretary, Jamaica Flour Mills Foundation, 209 Windward Road, Kingston 2
Priority will be given to applications for the following disciplines:
Business Administration/Management Studies, Actuarial Science, Accounting, Banking and Finance, Economics, Management, Applied Chemistry, Bio-Chemistry, Computer Science, Hotel Management, Agriculture, 3rd – Final Year Medicine Students, Engineering, Education, and Nursing