Apply for the NMJI General Scholarships Programme
Apply for the annual NMJI General Scholarships valued at JM$20,000 by August 4th. The NMJI General Scholarships Programme was created through the donation of funds over the past financial year from friends of Next Move Jamaica Int’l.
Next Move Jamaica International, Inc. (NMJ International), a not-for-profit New York State registered 501 (c) 3 foundation is pleased to announce our annual NMJI General Scholarships programme for high school and college students in Jamaica.
Founded in 2012, Next Move Jamaica International, Inc. empowers Jamaican families with the knowledge and resources to successfully complete higher education, while providing scholarships, bursaries, school supplies, resume and interview preparations and support services to as many NMJI General Scholarships exceptional Jamaican students as possible.
About the donor
The NMJI General Scholarships Programme was created through the donation of funds over the past financial year from friends and families of Next Move Jamaica International, Inc., who have donated between US$5 – US$100. This goes to show that – one one cocoa full basket – and when people work together and give just a little, the resources can be pooled together to have great impact.
Gender: male or female Region: All Island, Jamaica
Value: JM$20,000 Number of award(s): Two (2)
Scholarship Deadline: August 4 Areas of study: All Areas of Study
How to apply
- Applicants must submit a comprehensive essay of no more than 300 words on the topic listed below
- Download the NMJI General Scholarships application form here.
- Review the NMJI General Scholarships advertisement brochure here for additional information or use the following eligibility guidelines.
Jamaican Nationals enrolled or who will be enrolled in any local primary or secondary institution. The applicants must submit a comprehensive essay of no more than 300 words on the topic listed below to NMJScholarships@gmail.com NO LATER THAN MID-NIGHT AUGUST 4.
Students will be selected for the NMJI General Scholarships based on several key components:
- Completed application forms with the following documentations:
- Comprehensive essay responses to the questions below indicating the essay topics.
- One (1) letter of recommendation from a teacher, principal or a pastor.
- School transcript and a completed resume
How does an understanding of history dictate your immediate future?
NMJI General Scholarships Criteria
Awards will be based on academic performance in end of term exams and/or through verifiable financial need. A panel consisting of the donor will select short-listed candidates. Evidence showing recent volunteer service will be a plus.
Additionally, scholarships and grants may also include but are not limited to sponsoring an entire school, class or individuals, to potentially receive tuition, books, uniform, and transportation. Our ultimate goal is to encourage young Jamaican graduates to stay in the country and make a difference.
Use of the scholarship money from NMJI General Scholarships must ONLY be used to cover the cost of tuition and other educational expenses. The awards will be paid directly to the college of acceptance after the awardee presents proof he/she can and will cover the difference in their tuition cost.
Check out similar scholarships from the Arthur Winzro Parks Scholarship Program:
- Arthur Winzro Parks Fashion Design Scholarship
- Arthur Winzro Parks Engineering Scholarship
- Arthur Winzro Parks Literature & Communication Scholarship
- Arthur Winzro Parks Computer Science Scholarship
- Arthur Winzro Parks Entrepreneurship Scholarship