Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship for Foreign Scholars and Artists 2019-2020
The Swiss Government through the Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students (FCS), is inviting interested applicants to apply for doctoral, postdoctoral and research fellowship scholarships, to pursue studies and/or research at public funded universities or recognized institutions in Switzerland for the 2019-2020 academic year.
Applications are subjected to a preliminary selection conducted by the relevant national authorities. The short-listed applications are then analyzed by the FCS which makes the final decision.
The applicant must:
- Not be older than 35 years of age at the time of submitting the application
- Provide a letter or email from a professor from the Swiss host institution stating that he/she is willing to supervise the research
- Have a research proposal including a timeframe. It should be noted that this is an integral part of the application.
- Be in command of the necessary language skills required for the research. The approved languages are English, French, German or Italian.
The documents attached are the:
- Application Form
- Confidential Letter of Recommendation Form
- Medical Certificate Form
- Research Proposal
- Application Guidelines
The application package can be obtained by e-mail from the Swiss Embassy in Havana at firstname.lastname@example.org Please be advised that applications must be submitted in duplicate hard copies only to the Embassy of Switzerland in Havana, no later than 30th November 2018.
Further information on the types of scholarships that are offered to Jamaica may be accessed on the website www.sbfi.admin.ch/scholarships_eng
The Scholarships and Assistance Unit, Public Service Establishment Division, manages the GOJ Civil Service Training Programme and acts as Point of Contact for the various donor Agencies and Countries offering technical assistance to the Government under bilateral and multilateral agreements. In this regard, this office is responsible for disseminating information on training and study opportunities as they become available. For all the courses, unless otherwise stated, application forms are available at this office.