The following are general guidelines regarding the 2018 UWI Faculty of Law Scholarships and Bursaries available for the each academic year at the Mona Campus. The annual deadline for all UWI scholarships is JUNE 30th each year. The following awards are open to first year and all other year students at the UWI.
In order to be considered for the UWI Faculty of Law Scholarships and Bursaries, a Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 3.0 (B average) is expected by most Donors; some awards may require a higher GPA and a few may accept a minimum GPA of 2.7. The awards are available to full-time undergraduate students of the University of the West Indies (unless otherwise stipulated).
The applicant of the faculty of law scholarships and bursaries should only apply for scholarships or bursaries for which the prescribed criteria are met as indicated on each terms of award. The required status as indicated on each term of award is the academic year that the student will next be registering for. For example, if the criteria states “must be in level II”, the applicant is expected to be enrolled in level I at the time of applying.
Please list the awards for which you are eligible and wish to be considered. (N.B. Incomplete application forms may not be processed.) The completed application form should be submitted to the Office of Student Financing, UWI, Mona Campus along with any supporting documents required.
Incorrect information provided on the application for any faculty of law scholarships and bursaries may be grounds for the application to be rejected. You are advised to visit the awards UWI Scholarship webpage frequently, as updates will be done periodically.
- AFUWI Scholarships
- Ambassador Sue Cobb Scholarship
- Chinese Ambassador’s Scholarship
- Dorcas Veronica Brown Scholarship
- Dr. Keith Peart Memorial Scholarship for Students with Special Needs
- Dunncox Scholarship
- Enid Jones- Forrester Memorial Student Grant
- Frank L. Myers Scholarship
- Inez Morrison Scholarship
- Jamaica Government Exhibition
- Jamaica Police Cooperative Credit Union Scholarship
- Mill Reef Education Grant- For Antiguan Students ONLY
- Oliver Clarke Mentees’ Scholarship
- Principal’s Scholarship for Excellence
- Tastee Scholarship for Law
- The New Fortress Energy Scholarship
- UWI (Mona)& Community Co-op/Ezra Lewis Memorial Scholarship
- UWI Academic Bursaries
- UWI Bookshop Textbook Grant for Students
- UWI Toronto Gala
- UWI Visa Card Scholarship
- UWIDEF Bursary for the Performing Arts
- UWIDEF Undergraduate Scholarships
- WIGUT Bursaries