Financing your tertiary education is among the most important of student responsibilities. All students must fulfill their financial obligations by adhering to the EMCVPA fee payment policies, including payment deadlines. Thankfully, we have the following scholarship opportunities that you can use to cover the cost of your tuition.
EMCVPA scholarships committee holds firm that the investment in a tertiary education is one of the most rewarding decisions an individual can make. In keeping with this, we encourage our students to explore various options to assist in financing their educational pursuits. Some options include:
EMCVPA Scholarships & Bursaries
Scholarships are available for registered students who are Jamaican nationals and have successfully completed at least one year of study at the College with a minimum B average.
All applications for scholarships must be submitted by March-April of each year for award in August. The criteria for selection and award are available at the Registry. The Scholarship Committee, headed by the Assistant Registrar or her nominee, is responsible for viewing all applications and making selections based on criteria set out by the donor agencies.
A listing of organizations and individuals granting EMCVPA scholarships is outlined below:
Open EMCVPA Scholarships
- The W.I. Alumina Company Scholarship
- The Coca Cola (Jamaica) Scholarship
- The National Commercial Bank Scholarship
- The Douglas Orane Scholarship
- The Digicel Jamaica Scholarship
- The Grace Kennedy Foundation
- The Royal Bank of Trinidad and Tobago (RBTT Bank) Scholarship
- The CHAOS Memorial Grant
- The Capital & Credit Merchant Bank Scholarship (in honour of Ms. Joyce Campbell)
- The Louise Bennett Coverly Memorial Scholarship
- Carreras Visual & Performing Arts Scholarship
School of Drama
- The Earl Warner Scholarship
- The Roy Hall Memorial Scholarship
- The Jambiz Bursary Scholarship
- The UNESCO Scholarship
School of Music
- The Texaco (Jamaica) Scholarship
- The Jamaica National Chorale
- The Clement ‘Sir Coxsone’ Dodd Scholarship
School of Dance
- The Clive Thompson Scholarship
- The N.D.T.C Scholarship
- The Alumni and Friends of Dance
The School of Visual Arts
- The Dr. Brian Morgan Scholarship
- The Cecil Boswell Facey Foundation
- The O’hara Chapter of Ikebana Scholarship
- The National Outdoor Advertising
- The Delves Molesworth Scholarship
Semester Payment Plan by EMCVPA
Students can also benefit from a tuition payment plan where tuition fees can be paid in two (2) installments of 50% at the beginning of each semester. This plan attracts a tuition installment fee.
We accept payments from all reputable financial institutions that offer loans to qualified students to finance tertiary education including:
- Credit Unions
- Student’s Loan Bureau (SLB)
On Campus Student Employment
In their second year of enrollment, students are eligible to apply for various part-time employment positions in the EMCVPA Student Employment Programme. Students can apply for positions in the CAG[e] Gallery, Multimedia, IT, Library, Office Services, Student Services, Marketing and Art Therapy Departments. Placement in these areas is based on availability of spaces and the student’s area of study.
The Jamaica Values and Attitudes Project for Tertiary Students (JAMVAT) is an effort to assist students, who qualify for admission, but are unable to finance their tertiary education. The programme provides the opportunity for students to participate in the development of the nation’s social capital through their contribution of 200 hours of public service. In response, the government undertakes 30% of the student’s tuition cost.
See the National Youth Service website at http://www.nysjamaica.org/ for information on eligibility and how to apply.