Applications are invited for the 2024 Marcus Garvey Public Sector Graduate Scholarship to undertake Graduate Studies in approved Local and International Universities. Studies must be carried out on a full-time basis, and can be onsite, online or a combination of both, with effect from the academic year 2024/25.
Thematic Areas/Priority Disciplines
- IT/ICT/Cyber Security/Data Analysis
- Climate Change (Environmental Management/Disaster Risk Management)
- Education (Science/Technology/Engineering/Mathematics)
- Engineering/Built Environment
- Law, Public Policy & Administration
- National Security
- Public Health
- Post Graduate Studies in Economics / Fiscal Policy
- Post Graduate Studies in Public Financial Management
- Post Graduate Studies in Legal Drafting
2024 Marcus Garvey Public Sector Graduate Scholarship Eligibility
- Jamaican citizens permanently residing in Jamaica for at least three (3) years prior to application.
- Age 45 or younger at the time of submission.
- Applicants must apply to participating Universities to pursue their studies.
- Applicants must have already applied to a participating University with the eligibility to graduate in two (2) years from the date of the scholarship, or be accepted into a university to complete the degree in two (2) years.
- Have obtained a university degree on submission of their scholarship application (for graduate scholarships)
- Must be permanently employed to the GOJ and must ordinarily qualify for Study Leave.
Supporting Documents Required:
- Certified copies of transcripts of grades for all academic degrees completed
- Three (3) recommendation letters (Character, Employer, Academic)
- Certified Birth Certificate / Bio-data Page of Passport
- Medical Certificate
- Curriculum Vitae
The Marcus Garvey Scholarship will cover 100% of tuition cost for programmes which must fall within the stipulated thematic areas at participating universities. The benefits vary and may
- Tuition and mandatory fees
- Miscellaneous and Book allowance
- Medical Insurance (where Applicable)
- Round Trip ticket (Economy Class) at the beginning and end of studies (where applicable)
Your Marcus Garvey Public Sector Graduate Scholarship Obligation
Successful candidates will be required to enter into a Bond Agreement with the GOJ prior to the uptake of the Scholarship Award, giving an undertaking to work in the Public Sector for a specified period of time upon completion of studies.
- DEADLINE EXTENDED: Apply for 2024 Marcus Garvey Public Sector Graduate Scholarship
- David Wagga Hunt Foundation disburses $30M in scholarship to Calabar and KC
- Apply to Study in Turkiye with a Turkiye Scholarship Programme
- CCRIF SPC 2024 Postgraduate Scholarship Programme Guidelines
- Apply for the CCRIF UWI Undergraduate Scholarship Programme
- CCRIF-UWI Undergraduate and CCRIF SPC Postgraduate Scholarship Programme
Applications will only be accepted via the Scholarships Website below www.marcusgarveyscholarship.gov.jm. Queries may be directed to the Technical Secretariat as outlined below:
The Technical Secretariat
Ministry of Finance and the Public Service
30 National Heroes Circle
(Telephone 932-5009 / 5015)
Email: [email protected]
December 18, 2023 –
February 23, 2024 March 1, 2024
WE THANK ALL APPLICANTS FOR THEIR INTEREST IN THE MARCUS GARVEY PUBLIC SECTOR GRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP; HOWEVER, CONTACT WILL ONLY BE MADE WITH SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES AS PER THE MINISTRY OF FINANCE, JAMAICA.
Marcus Garvey Public Sector Graduate Scholarship post Disclaimer: The information contained in ScholarshipJamaica.com is for general information purposes only. The contents of this site are provided as a free information resource for scholarship seekers. Wherever possible, scholarshipjamaica.com has provided basic scholarship details including the source website in its listings. Where any information does not appear for a particular scholarship, the information was either unavailable or not applicable at the time the listing was developed.