Thank you for your interest in applying for the 2022 NMJI’s Adopt A Youth Foundation Scholarships (AYFS). This year, we will be offering five (5) awards valued at JMD$25,000 each. To be selected as a winner of the NMJI’s AYF Scholarship, you need to complete the following.
Please complete the ONLINE APPLICATION FORM and upload ALL required documents including your last transcript, reference letter, proof of financial need (where necessary), a resume and your passport size photo.
NMJI’s Adopt A Youth Foundation Scholarships Deadline
The NMJI’s Adopt A Youth Foundation Scholarship award is valued at JMD$25,000. All 2022 NMJ International scholarship applications are due no later than SUNDAY, JULY 31, 2022AT 11:59PM.
About the Donor & The Adopt A Youth Foundation
The 2022 NMJI’s Adopt A Youth Foundation Scholarships program is funded by friends-of-Jamaica through NMJI based in New York. These friends are from the USA, Haiti, Guyana and other Caribbean Islands.
The Adopt a Youth Foundation (AYF) was established on March 6, 2019, born out of a passion to reduce crime and violence among our youths in Jamaica. The Foundation’s core function is Mentorship, which is one of its main pillars. The other pillars are Entrepreneurship, Volunteerism, Personal Development and Psycho-spiritual Development.
Since the inception of the AYF and with the support of the team and support groups the AYF has achieved some milestones and goals towards improving the lives of our Jamaican youths.
Eligibility for the 2022 NMJI’s Adopt A Youth Foundation Scholarships
Jamaican Nationals enrolled in any high school, community college or university in Jamaica who are CURRENT members of the Adopt A Youth Foundation. Applicants must UPLOAD a comprehensive essay of no more than 500 words to this form along with a passport size photo.
Students will be selected for the 2022 NMJI’s Adopt A Youth Foundation Scholarships based on several key components, including:
• Completed application forms.
• Comprehensive essay response to the question below.
• One letter of recommendation from a teacher, principal, Minister of Religion, Justice of the Peace or another leader in your community.
• Transcript and a completed resume
The NMJI’s Adopt A Youth Foundation Scholarships Criteria
Awards will be based on academic performance in end of term exams and/or through verifiable financial need. A panel consisting of the donor and AYFS will select short-listed candidates. Evidence showing recent volunteer service will be a plus.
Use of the scholarship money from the 2022 NMJI’s AYF Scholarships must ONLY be used to cover the cost of tuition and other educational expenses.
About Next Move Jamaica International Foundation
Founded in 2012, Next Move Jamaica International, Inc. (NMJ International) empowers Jamaican families with the knowledge and resources to successfully complete a higher education, while providing scholarships, bursaries, school supplies, resume and interview preparations and support services to as many exceptional Jamaican students as possible.
As a New York State based registered not-for-profit organization supporting higher education in Jamaica, the Next Move Jamaica International foundation has awarded over JM$5.8million in scholarships, school supplies and provides a range of ancillary programs for students, Next Move Jamaica International Scholars, and parents.
Check out the following related Adopt A Youth Foundation Scholarships opportunities that you may qualify for below:
- 230 UTech Students were Awarded Government of Jamaica STEM Scholarships
- Five Students Receive the 2023 Marubeni/UWIDEF Scholarship
- Derrimon Trading Company is Inspiring Excellence Through Community Outreach
- Barita Foundation to reward outstanding youth scholars with scholarships
- The 2023 NCB Foundation Scholarship is accepting applications for scholarships, grants
- GOJ’s Continuing Strategies to Increase Tertiary Education Financing Access Through Grant In Aids
- Apply for the Mico STEM Scholarships (Mico University College) Programme
- Mico Student-Teacher Grateful for STEM Scholarship