Yallahs, St. Thomas – The Barita Foundation is inviting qualified applicants – the general public, staff members, children of staff and customers to apply for one or more of their 2023 Barita scholarship program.
The Barita Foundation has always had youth development at its heart. Our Foundation began to take shape shortly after the Friends of St. Martin de Porres started an intervention programme at the St. Martin de Porres Primary School in Gordon Town.
Finding sustainable ways to strengthen and support the school body was a hallmark of their efforts. When the Barita Education Foundation assumed responsibility for the programme in 2004, it built its platforms on the same ideals: young people deserved every opportunity to learn, grow and thrive.
As academic requirements have evolved, so have the Foundation’s strategies. Beginning with our Mentoring and Monitoring programmes, which saw them having an active presence in schools with teacher support, intervention programmes and school visits, the Barita Education Foundation, now known as the Barita Foundation, has expanded into educational spaces in the digital world and beyond.
- DEADLINE EXTENDED: Apply for 2024 Marcus Garvey Public Sector Graduate Scholarship
- David Wagga Hunt Foundation disburses $30M in scholarship to Calabar and KC
- Apply to Study in Turkiye with a Turkiye Scholarship Programme
- CCRIF SPC 2024 Postgraduate Scholarship Programme Guidelines
- Apply for the CCRIF UWI Undergraduate Scholarship Programme
- CCRIF-UWI Undergraduate and CCRIF SPC Postgraduate Scholarship Programme
Now our mission to engage and empower youth means creating programmes that support them across our key strategic pillars such as Entrepreneurship, Health and Wellbeing alongside our evolving Education and Youth Development initiatives.
We want to help foster generations of young people who are equipped with the knowledge and opportunities that lead to financial confidence, wellness and the capacity to shape their futures.
We’re proud to partner with those who share our vision for Jamaica’s youth.
Barita Foundation Scholarship Categories
- Cornerstone/Barita Tertiary Scholarship (for clients/children of clients)
- Cornerstone/Barita Staff Scholarships
- Cornerstone/Barita Primary Exit Profile (PEP) Scholarships
- Cornerstone/Barita CSEC/CAPE Scholarships
- Rita Humphries-Lewin Early Childhood Education Scholarships
Basic Scholarship Features and Requirements
Cornerstone/Barita Primary Exit Profile (PEP) Scholarship (for children of clients/staff)
- Grade 6 student who sat the Primary Exit Profile (PEP) exam
- Value $100,000 per academic year.
- A staff member of Cornerstone/Barita employed full-time for at least 12 months OR
- A client of Cornerstone/Barita who has had an account for at least 6 months
Cornerstone/Barita CSEC/CAPE Scholarship
- Valued up $100,000 per academic year
- Be enrolled in a secondary school in Jamaica
- Be on track to sit CSEC or CAPE in the academic year immediately following the award
- CSEC – be enrolled to sit (1) at least eight CSEC subjects including Principles of Business (POB) and Principles of Accounts (POA)
- Re: CAPE – be on track to sit at least four CAPE subjects including a minimum of two of the following subjects: Applied/Integrated/Pure Math, Accounting, Economics, Entrepreneurship, Financial Services Studies, and/or Management of Business.
- Demonstrate financial need
Rita Humphries-Lewin Early Childhood Education Scholarship
- Valued up to $400,000 per academic year
- Renewable annually up to a maximum of four years
- Proof of acceptance to an accredited undergraduate early childhood programme in Jamaica degree programme in Jamaica or be enrolled in an accredited undergraduate early childhood programme degree programme in Jamaica
- Progress Report (Transcript)Evidence of outstanding balances or tuition fees (must be obtained from the institution)Job Letter (if employed)One (1) passport-sized photograph
- Certified copy of a birth certificate
- Be pursuing an undergraduate degree (that is, not having any other academic degrees)
- complete at least 20 hours of voluntary service per academic year.
Cornerstone/Barita Staff Scholarship
- Valued up to $150,000
- Jamaican Citizen, residing in Jamaica
- Employee of the Cornerstone/Barita Companies
- Employed full-time, for at least 12 months
- Have proof of acceptance to an accredited tertiary institution in Jamaica
- Displays strong work performance (min. 75% KPI score in previous year)
- Be an active Barita Foundation volunteer
Cornerstone/Barita Tertiary Scholarship (for clients/children of clients)
- Valued up to $350,000 per academic year
- Valid for the academic year immediately following the offer of the award and cannot be deferred for any reason
- Renewable annually up to a maximum of four years
- Proof of acceptance to an accredited undergraduate degree programme in Jamaica or be enrolled in an accredited undergraduate degree programme in Jamaica
- Progress Report (Transcript)Evidence of outstanding balances or tuition fees (must be obtained from the institution)
Reach out to the Barita Foundation via email at [email protected] Or call us at (876) 926-2681.