The Annual CCRIF SPC-UWI Undergraduate Scholarship
The annual CCRIF SPC-UWI Undergraduate Scholarships from the Caribbean Catastrophe Risk Insurance Facility are accepting applications for their US$4,000 scholarship award by the deadline June 4, 2017.
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the annual CCRIF SPC-UWI Undergraduate Scholarships for the 2017/2018 academic year and is tenable at the University of the West Indies.
CCRIF is offering four (4) scholarships per year to students entering their second of three years in any of the following seven undergraduate programmes of study:
- Faculty of Humanities and Education at Mona for a major in Geography
- Faculty of Science and Agriculture at St. Augustine for a major in Geography
- Faculty of Science and Technology at Mona for a major in Geography or Geology
- Faculty of Engineering at St. Augustine for a degree in Civil with Environmental Engineering
- Faculty of Science and Technology at Cave Hill for a degree in Earth Sciences
- Faculty of Science and Technology at Cave Hill for a degree in Meteorology
- Faculty of Social Sciences at St. Augustine for a special management studies degree in Insurance and Risk Management
Each scholarship is valued at US$4,000 per student per year. CCRIF will provide scholarship coverage in the third year for the four students awarded scholarships in year 2, subject to satisfactory academic performance (the maintenance of a 3.5 GPA) in their second year.
To apply for one of these scholarships, visit the scholarship section on your campus website to obtain the application form then submit along with the other relevant documents to the Office of Student Financing.
CCRIF SPC-UWI Undergraduate Scholarships Eligibility
Available CARICOM Nationals and candidates of the CCRIF SPC-UWI Undergraduate Scholarships should:
- will be entering Level 2 of the B.Sc. degree programme.
- High academic performance (at least a GPA of 3.0).
- be registered full-time.
- be a second (2nd) year student for the 2017/2018 academic year.
The CCRIF SPC-UWI Undergraduate Scholarships are valued at US$4,000.00 per annum per student.
Short-listed candidates will be selected by a panel comprising personnel from the UWI with recommendations made in selecting the final candidates.
Submit the completed application form with all the other relevant documents to the Office of Student Financing on or before June 4, 2017.
Please see flyer.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit a SEPARATE application form when applying for this scholarship.
Students who have withdrawn from the programme without good reason and the approval of the Academic Director, or who fail to complete the programme, will be required to repay the award.
N.B. Please reply prior to June 4, 2017 as your failure to submit this report will severely prejudice the candidate’s chances of being considered for a scholarship. Download the scholarship application forms here to apply.