DunnCox Law Scholarship
The DunnCox Law Scholarship is a prestigious annual law scholarship for qualified local law students at the University of the West Indies, Mona campus. The scholarship deadline is May 31 annually.
Number of Award(s): One (1) (bi-annually)
Value: J$125,000.00 per annum
Maximum Tenure: Two (2) Years
DunnCox Law Scholarship Eligibility
The DunnCox Scholarship award is available to Jamaican Nationals who:
- have successfully completed the First Year of the LL.B. programme at the University;
- are not be more than 35 years of age on September 1.
The award will be based on:
- high academic achievement (minimum GPA of 3.0) in the Level 1 University Examinations with at least two A’s in Faculty of Law courses;
- the good character and leadership qualities, volunteerism and social involvement of the applicant;
- active participation in extracurricular activities.
Method of Selection
Short-listed candidates will be interviewed by a panel comprising representatives from the UWI Development and Endowment Fund and a representative of the donor.
Please click the link to download application forms for the current academic year: DunnCox Law Scholarship and Bursaries. Please note that this scholarship will be closed on late June at 12 mid-night. Late applications will not be accepted by the university.
- Scholarships fuel Jamaica native’s success at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- 350,000 Jamaicans to Benefit From New Grants Under COVID CARE Programme
- Jamalco Awards Over J$12 Million in Scholarships to 200 Students in Central Jamaica
- St Mary Education Trust Rewards Eight Outstanding Students with Scholarships
- Three Young Women Receive help with Tuition from the Rita Marley Foundation Scholarships.