The Ministry of Education invites application for the Elias Issa Scholarship to pursue an undergraduate degree course in the Faculty of Management Studies at the University of the West Indies, or the Faculty of Business Management (School of Business Administration) at the University of Technology, Jamaica beginning in August 2016. All male applicants must complete the Elias Issa Scholarship application form with all supporting documents are to be submitted NOT LATER THAN JUNE 30, 2016
Elias Issa Scholarship Eligibility
- be below twenty-five (25) years of age on October 1, 2016;
- be in possession of good passes at G.C.E. ‘A’ Level examinations or C.A.P.E.
- have been accepted or currently studying at the University of the West Indies or the University of Technology.
The Elias Issa Scholarship is intended to cover the cost of tuition fees for three (3) years and assist the recipient with books and maintenance costs.
How To Apply
Two (2) completed forms along with supporting documents must be returned no later than Thursday, June 30, 2016 to
Jamaica Tertiary Education Commission, 14 Gibraltar Camp Way, Mona Campus UWI, Kingston 7
NB. Application forms for Civil Servants must be accompanied by letter(s) of approval from the Chief Personnel Officer or his/her representative.
Each candidate of the Elias Issa Scholarship must complete 2 copies of this form – either type written or written legibly in ink. These forms with all supporting documents are to be submitted NOT LATER THAN JUNE 30, 2016. Applicants should make their own application to the U.W.I. /or U-tech for admission. Supporting documents to be submitted with the form are:
- Two recent passport size photographs.
- Certified copy of your birth certificate or evidence of date of birth.
- Certificate of domicile signed by a Justice of the Peace (JP), Minister of Religion or other reputable member of the community.
- Certificate of fitness from a Registered Medical Practitioner.
- Certificate of Character signed by a member of the community e.g. Education Officer, Principal, Minister of Religion or Justice of the Peace.
- Certified copies of educational certificates obtained and a progress report if attending University.
- Evidence of acceptance at UWI or Utech. Copy of statement as outlined in Item 18.
Incomplete applications will not be processed.
Conditions for the Elias Issa Scholarship
Candidates should be:
- Jamaican citizens, domiciled in Jamaica during the last five (5) years;
- Not older than 25 years old on October 1st in the year of award;
- Candidates will be required to enter into a bond to work in Jamaica for a period not exceeding five (5) years.
- The Scholarship award is valid for the academic year immediately following the offer of the award and cannot be deferred for any reason