Grace Foods and Reach Society Scholarship Prize 2017
The Grace Foods and Reach Society Scholarship Prize at Brunel University London . Brunel University London, in conjunction with Grace Foods UK are proud to introduce the Grace Foods and Reach Society Scholarship Prize for 2017.
The purpose of the Grace Foods and Reach Society Scholarship Prize is to address an under-representation of male black British students from a Caribbean background in Higher Education, by providing financial support to fully cover the cost of tuition for three years at Brunel University London. In addition, Grace Foods UK have agreed to provide a summer internship and a placement opportunity for the successful winner.
The Grace Foods and Reach Society scholarship prize is open to British men under the age of 21 of Caribbean descent (defined as per the UCAS application demographic category ‘Black – Caribbean’). You must be eligible for UK (Home student fees) and commence undergraduate education at Brunel University London in the 2017-18 academic year.
In addition, the Grace Foods and Reach Society scholarship award is only open to students studying courses in the following areas:
- The Brunel Business School
- The College of Health and Life Sciences
- The College of Engineering, Design and Physical Sciences.
How to apply
Those interested will need to apply for the Grace Foods and Reach Society Scholarship award and complete an application form by 31st August 2017.
Please contact Dr Dwain Neil, The Reach Society, for an application form at email@example.com
Applicants will need to secure their own place and register at Brunel to be considered in the competition as well as providing the information requested below. They will also need to allow the University access to their financial and ethnicity data in UCAS in the application process. The winner will be announced in the autumn of 2017 after students start at the University.
Full eligibility criteria and conditions:
- The recipient must be from a household with residual or net family income of no more than £25,000 pa. The recipient must allow this information to be shared by UCAS with the University.
- The recipient must be commencing undergraduate study at Brunel University London in 2017-18 in the Brunel Business School, the Department of Economics and Finance, the College of Engineering, Design and Physical Sciences, or the College of Health and Life Sciences.
- The prize is open to black men of Caribbean descent (UCAS ethnicity monitoring will be the determinant of this) under the age of 21. This is to target the financial support at a group who are underrepresented in the undergraduate student population.
- The prize is open to students eligible for UK home fees only.
- Applicants will need to complete an application form, secure their own place at Brunel and register at the University in order to receive the award.
- Applicants will be asked to write a short piece on why they should win the award which the judges will assess in order to determine the winner.
- The recipient agrees to participate in the Brunel University London mentoring programme.
- The recipient agrees to the sharing of his attainment with Grace Foods periodically or termly, or on request.
- The recipient will be offered a paid summer internship with Grace Foods (at the end of the first year or the second year).
- The recipient will be asked to agree to participate in reasonable PR requests from the 3 stakeholders (Brunel, Grace Foods and Reach Society).
- The recipient will be asked to agree to be involved with one Reach Society monthly networking conversation rolled out on the BUL campus.
- In the event that the winner is eligible for more than one award from Brunel University London, they will receive the difference between the other scholarship and the Grace Foods and Reach Society scholarship prize so that they receive financial support to the amount of their student fees.
- In order to receive the award at Levels 2 and 3, the student must maintain a Grade Point Average on course for a 2:1 degree or better.
Any queries relating to these terms and conditions should be addressed to the Admissions Office by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org