JTA Credit Union Tertiary Scholarships
JTA Members are invited to apply for Scholarships/Grants to be awarded in 2016 to full time or part time students entering the final year of an accredited Bachelor or Masters programme at a recognized University.
The applicants must be members of the JTA Co-operative Credit Union Ltd., who have successfully completed their penultimate year of study, preferably in the field of Education. Application forms can be collected from the JTA Head Office or any of their eleven (11) offices island wide.
The HRD & Administration Manager
JTA Regulations Governing the Granting of Scholarships
Please complete the attached form and submit it with your application. Candidate must be:
- A member of the Jamaica Teachers’ Association Co-operative Credit Union Limited (in good standing).
- A final year undergraduate or postgraduate (Masters) Student at a recognized University during the academic year 2017 – 2018.
- On completion of the course, continue to teach for at least two (2) academic years.
N.B. Where recipient fails to comply with No. 3 of the above, such a recipient will have breached this agreement and will be expected to refund to the Credit Union the entire amount granted for the scholarship.
Each Teachers’ scholarship candidate should complete one copy of this form. The application form and supporting documents listed below should be returned to the HRD & Administration Manager, Jamaica Teachers, Association Co-op Credit Union Limited, 97A Church Street, Kingston. Closing date for application is Friday, August 4, 2017
The following supporting documents should be submitted with the application form:
- A letter/transcript from the University certifying that candidate is a student of the institution and giving statement of grades
- Two (2) character references (one (1) preferably from the University being attended)
- Letter from Principal stating that candidate is a member of staff of that school.
Download the full JTA Teacher’s Scholarship application form here