Available Open Tertiary Scholarships
The following are currently open tertiary scholarships that local students can apply and take advantage of before the various deadlines.
The National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies in Japan is offering full scholarships to exceptionally qualified candidates to pursue a Master of Public Policy, a Master of Public Administration, and Master of Arts in Public Policy in Japan.
- Application deadline: November 11, 2016
- Admissions notification: May-July 2017
- Enrolment: October 2017
International Seabed Authority Endowment Fund and the Interridge Student and Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme is inviting applications from interested persons wishing to pursue graduate or post-doctoral studies in marine research activities.
Germany offers a wide range of scholarship opportunities to citizens of developing or newly industrialized countries. Details about these open tertiary scholarships in Germany are available at: https://www.daad.de/deutschland/stipendium/datenbank/en/21148-scholarship-database/?status=&origin=124&subjectGrps=daad=&q=&page=1&back=1 and for additional information about studying in Germany, please go HERE.
Short-term courses and other open tertiary scholarship programs are offered throughout the year on an ad-hoc basis by the following countries/agencies:
- Governments of China, Japan, India (http://itec.nic.in/),
- Singapore, Israel, Sweden, The Organization of American States and can be accessed at (http://www.educoas.org/portal/en/oasbecas/announcementpd.aspx?culture=en&navid=282),
- Malaysia (http://www.intanbk.intan.my/) and
- The Commonwealth Fund for Technical Cooperation in collaboration with the Commonwealth Member States.
These courses and open tertiary scholarships may range in duration from two to 24 weeks and are usually advertised via course announcements or circular letters as they become available at different intervals throughout the year. Announcements usually identify a specified target group for participation.
- Details at www.mof.gov.jm/
On an annual basis the Government of Spain offers various open tertiary scholarships as well as the opportunity for Jamaican teachers of Spanish to participate in a summer programme designed specifically for them.
For more information and scholarship application help to access these and other open tertiary scholarships, please feel free to contact any member of our scholarship management team.