Applications are now open for UK Commonwealth Masters Scholarships programme (1 year taught) to study at an eligible university in the United Kingdom with effect from September 2023.
By supporting innovators and leaders of the future from across the Commonwealth, and by attracting outstanding talent to Britain’s universities, our work combines sustainable development with the UK national interest.
To date, over 30,000 people have taken up Commonwealth Scholarships since the first group of 175 Scholars arrived in the UK in 1960. During those six decades the scheme has constantly developed, adapting to the very different world of a 53-nation Commonwealth of 2019.
Commonwealth Scholarships enable talented and motivated individuals to gain the knowledge and skills required for sustainable development, and are offered to citizens from low and middle income Commonwealth countries.
The majority of Scholarships are funded by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO), with the aim of contributing to the UK’s international development aims and wider overseas interests, supporting excellence in UK higher education, and sustaining the principles of the Commonwealth.
The Commonwealth Masters Scholarships Offers:
- Commonwealth PhD Scholarships (for least developed countries and fragile states)
- Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships (for low and middle income countries)
- Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarships
- Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships
- Commonwealth PhD Scholarships (for high income countries)
- Commonwealth Professional Fellowships
UK Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships: Jamaica Ministry of Finance and the Public Service
The UK Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the UK (CSC) provides the UK government’s Commonwealth scholarship scheme led by international development objectives. Since 1960, the CSC has funded over 30,000 individuals to study in the UK and gain skills, acquire knowledge and build networks to tackle global development challenges.
The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission is open for applications from September 06, 2022 to October 18, 2022. Apply here: https://cscuk.fcdo.gov.uk/about-us/scholarships/
CSC Eligibility Criteria for Commonwealth Master’s Candidates
To apply for these scholarships, you must:
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of Jamaica
- Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September 2023
- By September 2022, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) honours standard, OR a second class degree (2:2)
- Be unable to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship
- Provide full transcripts detailing all your higher education qualifications including to-date transcripts for any qualifications you are currently studying (with certified translations if not in English) – uploaded to the online application system
- Provide references from at least two individuals.
Agency selection criteria:
- Be able to meet all the immigration requirements of a tier 4 visa to study in the UK
- Submit a certified copy of Birth Certificate, bio-data page of passport and TRN
The Ministry of Finance and the Public Service will be accepting applications via the link stated below from September 12, 2022 to October 18, 2022@ 12:00 noon.
- Candidates must apply using the CSC’s online application system which can be found here: https://fs29.formsite.com/m3nCYq/tblglqacxe/index.html.
- The CSC is unable to accept any applications that are not submitted via the online application system or after the closing date listed above.
For further information please contact below:
Scholarships and Assistance Unit
Ministry of Finance and the Public Service
1st Floor, Block “G”, 30 National Heroes Circle, Kingston 4
Telephone: 876-922-8600-12 || Email: email@example.com
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATION IS OCTOBER 18, 2022 at 12:00 noon
Please note that all applicants are recruited in line with the CSC’s anti-fraud policy and procedure which can be viewed HERE. You must make sure you read all general conditions, information and guidelines for the Scholarships before starting an application; these can be found on the CSC WEBSITE .