UTECH scholarship awards are offered on an annual basis and can be applied for between January and June of each academic year. These UTECH scholarship awards opportunities are available to enrolled and new Jamaican students studying in all faculties on a full-time basis.
Apply for the open UTECH scholarship awards for the next academic year that has a June 30 and July 31 deadline for returning and new students respectively annually.
UTECH scholarship awards are monetary awards, based on academic merit and other special criteria, which do not have to be repaid. UTECH scholarships and Bursaries are awarded annually mainly to full-time Jamaican nationals studying at the undergraduate and post-graduate levels. However, there are specific UTECH scholarships which are also available to Caribbean nationals.
A PDF UTECH scholarship Listing is prepared for each academic year which provides information on all available scholarships and criteria for each. This listing can be viewed on our website or on the school’s website along with specific application requirements.
The application period for the University of Technology scholarships opens around the 3rd week of April each year and the closing dates are as follows (unless otherwise stated):
- University of Technology Scholarships offered to (returning) students in years 2-4 – June 30
- University of Technology Scholarships offered to (new) students in year 1 – July 31
- Current University of Technology Scholarships Listing
- University of Technology Scholarship Application Form
- Glencore UTECH Scholarship Application Form
Department of Student Financing
The Department of Student Financing falls under the Division of Finance and Business Services. The UTECH Department of Student Financing includes the following areas:
- The Scholarship Unit: administers the University of Technology scholarship and bursary programmes for students with high academic achievements.
- Student Receivables Unit: monitors and updates students’ accounts with both charges and payment transactions.
- The Welfare Unit: deals with matters of grant assistance and the Earn and Study programme; both programmes target students who are in need.
UTECH Scholarship Awards & Financial Aid Grants
University of Technology scholarships and financial Aid Grants are awards for students with the greatest financial need; they do not have to be repaid.
A limited number of the University of Technology scholarships and grants are given to students who are experiencing severe economic hardships. University of Technology scholarships and Grants are normally given to full-time students. However, in very exceptional circumstances part time students may also benefit. Applicants must demonstrate need, which should be substantiated by a letter from a Minister of Religion, Justice of the Peace or University Counselor or Lecturer.
The University of Technology scholarships and Grants are given for a number of different financial needs including:
- Text books
- Travelling Expenses
- Lunch Subsidies
These University of Technology scholarship grants are given to students who are not able to purchase lunch on a daily basis; we offer a subsidized lunch voucher so that they will have a meal each day while at school.