The Dennis Cohen Law Scholarship
The following is the annual Dennis Cohen Law Scholarship details:
Deadline: MONDAY, OCTOBER 31, 2017
Number of Award(s): One (1)
Maximum Tenure: One (1) Year
Dennis Cohen Law Scholarship Eligibility
The Dennis Cohen Law Scholarship award is available to full time registered students who are: Pursuing a three (3) year degree programme and Under 25 years of age
The award will be based on: Outstanding academic record; Demonstrable financial need; Demonstrable community involvement and leadership qualities
Method of Selection:
Selection of the student will be made by a Committee of evaluators from the UWI and should include the Donor, in accordance with the criteria outlined in the Schedule which shall be read as one with the Agreement.
The successful candidate shall not be the holder or recipient of any other scholarship covering tuition costs.
How To Apply for the Dennis Cohen Law Scholarship
Download the application form here. Complete and return to the Office of Student Financing by the stipulated deadline. The application shall be accompanied with the following documents:
- UWI application and acceptance letters;
- CAPE & CXC scores;
- high school transcript or UWI transcript (in the case of 2nd or 3rd year applicants)
- one page essay on the applicant’s educational goals;
- two character references;
- certified copy of birth certificate or registration certificate.
Academic Year (2017/2018)
The following are general guidelines regarding Scholarships and Bursaries available for the academic year 2017/2018:
- Applications open WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 1, 2017
- The deadline date to apply for all awards (unless otherwise stated) is WEDNESDAY MAY 31, 2017.
- In order to be considered for any award, a Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 3.0 (B average) is expected. Some awards may require a higher GPA.
- The awards are available to full-time undergraduate students of the University of the West Indies (unless otherwise stipulated).
- The applicant should only apply for scholarships/bursaries for which the prescribed criteria are met as indicated on each terms of award.
- The required status as indicated on each term of award is as at the academic year 2017/2018. For example, if the criteria states “must be in level II”, the applicant is expected to be enrolled in level II in the 2017/2018 academic year.
- Students must complete (LEGIBLY), one application form. Please list the awards for which you wish to be considered in order of preference.
- The completed application form should be submitted to the Office of Student Financing, UWI, Mona Campus.
- (N.B. Incomplete application forms will not be collected.)