The Jamaica Energy Partners (JEP) Group invites all university students residing in St Catherine, western Kingston, eastern Kingston, and Port Royal to visit www.jamenergy.com and apply for educational assistance courtesy of its $17-million scholarships purse.
Application deadline is Sunday, July 31, 2022. The Ministry of Education & Youth is responsible for selecting the PEP students based on their academic performance and location.
The island’s leading private power-producing group, which includes JEP, West Kingston Power Partners (WKPP) and Jamaica Private Power Company, is committed to increasing youth access to quality education by offsetting the expense.
For almost three decades, the group has transformed the lives of nearly 2,000 PEP and college students from the above communities.
“We believe that by advancing the minds and skill set of Jamaica’s youth, especially those who reside in volatile areas, positive economic, social, and sustainable growth is inevitable. The students surrounding our operations possess great potential but often lack access to the opportunities that will allow them to attain higher education.
Check out the following related JEP Group scholarship opportunities below:
- $26.7 Million in AFUWI Scholarship Funding for UWI Mona Students
- Discovery Bauxite Awarded J$8M in Scholarships to 142 Students in Their Operation Areas.
- Burger King Scholarships Will Help Us Realize Our Dreams — Recipients
- Volunteerism Pays Off for Al-Rajean Allie, A JWN Foundation Scholarship Awardee
- $100 Million in Loans Available for MSMEs Through EXIM Bank E-Commerce Funder
- Four CASE Students Received The Rio Tinto/Alcan Legacy Fund Agriculture Scholarship
- Chinese ambassador donates over $1million in scholarships to NCU
- Global Services Sector Apprenticeship Graduates Encouraged to be People-Focused
I am, therefore, delighted to announce that we are here to help and will remain true to our annual commitment,” said JEP Group president & CEO Wayne McKenzie.
This year tertiary students will receive scholarships/grants valuing $250,000/$180,000, while PEP achievers obtain $35,000 per school year to cover tuition, books, and other educational materials.
The scholarships are payable per semester, and the JEP Group will re-award the total amount until the completion of study once students maintain a B+ average/3.0 GPA.
In 1997, JEP officially established its scholarship/grants programme for Region Six. In 2012, WKPP also developed a scholarship fund to support Region One. Jamaica Private Power Company joined the programme in 2019 and continues to serve eastern Kingston and Port Royal. Together, all three companies contribute to the academic pursuits of 54 students yearly.
SOURCE: JEP Group scholarship applications now open as published in the Jamaica Observer on July 17, 2022.