The NCB Jamaica Group through its NCB Foundation invites application for the lucrative 2018 NCB scholarships programme. The NCB Foundation scholarships are open to qualified applicants from primary to tertiary level studies. Scholarship applications are now OPEN until June 8, 2018.
With education as it primary strategic focus, the NCB Foundation provides individual financial assistance to students through a Scholarships and Grants programme. Students pursuing studies in local institutions from the primary to tertiary level can benefit from this programme and for the 2018/19 academic year, over $40M is available.
Successful applicants will receive financial benefits under the categories of Traditional or Non Traditional Programmes.
Traditional NCB Scholarships Programmes
The traditional annual NCB Scholarships are available to students pursuing tertiary education. Recipients must be first-year entrants ANY local college or university island-wide.
- Parish Champion: $300,000
- National Champion: $500,000
Year-round NCB Grants
The NCB Foundation offers year-round one-off financial education support, specifically to assist with tuition, accommodation or educational supplies. Available to all students at the tertiary, secondary and primary school
- We Believe in You (WBIY) Fund: Up to $100,000
- Teacher Education Grant: Up to $100,000
- Book Voucher: $10,000 to $20,000 awarded to students at the primary to sixth form level.
Non-traditional scholarships are offered by NCB Foundation and are available to students pursuing tertiary education in ANY local community college or university. Recipients must be first-year entrants in ANY faculty of studies.
- Gold Award – $250,000
One-off support, specifically to assist with tuition, accommodation or educational supplies.
- Silver Award – $150,000
- Bronze Award – Up to $100,000
The Innovative, Creative, Outstanding and Nationalistic (I.C.O.N.) award introduced in 2016, is designated for tertiary students exploring the non-traditional fields of study, including, but not limited to:
- Computer Science
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Teaching Degrees specializing in Mathematics and Science for the CSEC and CAPE levels
- Fashion Designing
- Fine Arts
NCB Scholarships Application Tips
Successful applicants of the 2018 NCB scholarships must apply early and meet the following criteria:
- Be a Jamaican Citizen.
- Have a letter of acceptance to an accredited undergraduate degree programme in Jamaica or a regional campus of the University of the West Indies OR
- Be a registered student in a local institution at the primary or secondary level
- Maintain full-time student status during the length of the programme (where applicable).
- Must show:
- High academic performance/grades in school exams, CXC, CAPE etc.
- Demonstrated community spirit (including but not limited to):
- Membership in an established youth club
- Involvement in a service club
- Voluntary community service or school involvement
- Must have demonstrated financial need.
How to Apply
ALL applications MUST be submitted electronically via the NCB scholarships application portal. Applicants must first create an account on the portal then choose and apply for one of the following available scholarships:
- Primary & Secondary
Applications are now OPEN until June 8, 2018. You can join thousands of NCB Foundation scholars whose academic dreams have become a reality.