Apply for a University of Birmingham’s Business School Master’s degree programme and become eligible for the University of Birmingham and Jamaica National’s JN Foundation Legacy Scholarship.
The Legacy scholarship will provide the opportunity for an outstanding Jamaican student to be a part of a university community which offers education that is academically challenging; and, above all, transformative. Should the awardee demonstrate outstanding ability in a particular sport, special assistance may be provided for athletic development and training.
The Legacy Scholarship Offer
One scholarship for a Jamaican to undertake a one-year Masters degree at the University of Birmingham’s Business School, commencing in September each year.
To be an eligible Legacy Scholarship candidate, the scholar MUST have been accepted for one of the 19 Masters programmes offered by the University’s Business School. Tuition fees, travel cost, accommodation and living expenses will be covered by the scholarship
All Legacy Scholarship Applications must:
- Have an excellent academic background, having obtained at least ¬an upper second class Bachelor’s degree (or cumulative GPA of 3.0)
- Have graduated within the last two years from a tertiary institution accredited by the University Council of Jamaica
- The Legacy Scholarship applicant must be a Jamaican citizen by birth and must be resident in Jamaica at the time of the application
- Demonstrate excellence in all spheres of their life, including exceptional achievement in extra-curricular activities, in their working life or through volunteerism and service to others
- Demonstrate suitability to act as an ambassador and representative of both the University of Birmingham and Jamaica National while in Birmingham
- Be able to satisfy entry requirements for United Kingdom
Applicants should receive an offer from the University of Birmingham by May of the year of application* Eligible Legacy scholarship candidates will be advised in May and invited to apply for the scholarship. The successful applicant will be announced in July.
JN Group and University of Birmingham employees and directors, as well as immediate relatives, will not be eligible.
*It is recommended that 2 – 3 weeks be allowed for processing applications