UWI Academic and Co-Curricular Bursaries in St. Augustine – Semester II 2016/2017
The Financial Advisory Services Department is pleased to announce the availability of the UWI Academic and Co-Curricular Bursaries ONLY for Semester II 2016/2017 academic year.
Application Period: January 15th – February 28th 2017.
N.B. Applicants must not, at present, be in receipt of any bursary/scholarship/grant for the 2016/2017 academic year. For more information on eligibility read the following.
Please note the following. You are NOT eligible:
- If you are already the holder of a bursary, national/government scholarship, funding grant or other financial award for academic year 2017/2018 except GATE. Some exceptions apply for FOREIGN NATIONALS. Contact us if you are unsure of your eligibility to apply.
- If you become the recipient of more than one award. You are required to declare this to the Department of Financial Advisory Services immediately. Failure to do so will be deemed as intentional dishonesty and penalties will apply.
- If you have applied for Leave of Absence (LOA); have been Required to Withdraw (RTW), are writing examinations without attending classes or are enrolled for research project(s) only.
- If you are enrolled in Level IV or V of the MBBS or DDS programme at the Faculty of Medical Sciences.
- If you are transferring to Level II Law at the Cave Hill Campus.
*If you are the holder of a Continuing/Renewable Award, you are NOT to submit another application. Such persons must however maintain the required academic standard.
* A scholarship/bursary may NOT be held jointly with any other scholarship/bursary where together the value exceeds 25% of maintenance costs [i.e. accommodation, meals, personal expenses] plus tuition and miscellaneous fees.
* A student who obtains a scholarship/bursary for studying in one Faculty will not be allowed to keep the same Bursary on transfer to another Faculty. He/she should re-apply from his/her new Faculty at the appropriate time.
UWI Academic Bursaries Eligibility
Please read the section above titled “INELIGIBILITY” before proceeding.
- You must be registered full-time for academic year 2017/2018.
- You must be a 2017/2018 undergraduate student.
- You must be financially cleared for 2017/2018.
- You must submit only ONE online application. Multiple applications will not be considered.
- You must submit ALL relevant supporting documents by the stipulated deadline.
- Students applying for the UWI Co-curricular Bursary, or other bursaries requiring information on extra-curricular activities must have a MINIMUM cumulative GPA of 2.8.
- Off-site students from the Sir Arthur Lewis Community College (St. Lucia), Clarence Fitzroy Bryant College (St. Kitts) and the St. Vincent and the Grenadines Community College who enroll at the St. Augustine Campus in August 2017 are also eligible.
N.B. Unsuitable, Incomplete &/or Late applications will not be acknowledged.
*If you are applying for a scholarship/bursary which requires you or your parents to be a member of a Credit Union or other Association (e.g. T&TUTA, Teachers’ Credit Union etc.), be prepared to provide the registration number on your online application. See the Scholarships & Bursaries Booklet for specifications of each award.
*Students must use their official UWI email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) when applying for Scholarships or Bursaries. Note that all further correspondence, including notice of successful awards will only be made via this address. Click here for more details.