The Count Down is on for the SOL Scholarship
The SOL Scholarship is founded on an agreement between SOL and The University of the West Indies (The UWI), with the aim of providing funding for high-performing students across The UWI’s four campuses: Cave Hill, Mona, St. Augustine and the Open Campus.
SOL is once again inviting undergraduate and postgraduate students to apply for the Sol Scholarship 2017/2018!
You are eligible if you are a citizen of the OECS, CARICOM or any SOL territory or a student at any one of The UWI’s four campuses – Cave Hill, Mona, Open or St. Augustine. Additionally, you will be eligible if you are enrolled in the Engineering, Social Sciences, or Science & Technology Faculties, or you are enrolled in the NEW BSc Software Engineering (Mobile Application Technologies) programme with a GPA of 3.0 or over.
To apply or for more information please visit: cavehill.uwi.edu/financial/financial-aid/scholarships-awards-grants.aspx or open.uwi.edu/admissions/scholarships-bursaries.
- Annual Bursary – Undergraduate: US$2,250
- Full Bursary – Postgraduate: US$15,000
- Open Campus Postgraduate: US$7,500
SOL Scholarship Details
- Scholarship Deadline: July 14, 2017 (Extended deadline)
- Maximum Tenure: 3 years
How To Apply
Complete the application form and submit to the Office of Student Financing on or before the scholarship deadline of July 14, 2017.
History of the SOL Scholarship
The Sol Petroleum Scholarship was founded on an agreement between the company and the UWI, Cave Hill campus with the aim of providing funding for high-performing students across all UWI campuses.
The scholarship is awarded to eligible students at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels enrolled in the faculties of Engineering, Science and Technology and Social Sciences. Colquhoun, who has a Master of Philosophy in Marine Sciences, said the scholarship will play an integral role in providing funding to carry out research activities.
The scholarship, valued at US$15,000 or approximately J$1,690,000, is divided between the recipient and the UWI, of which US$12,500 or J$1,406,250 goes towards the student, with the UWI receiving the remaining amount.
To apply or for more information please visit:
- Undergraduate and Graduate students http://www.cavehill.uwi.edu/financial/financial-aid/scholarships-awards-grants.aspx
- Undergraduate students https://www.mona.uwi.edu/osf/application-forms
- Graduate students https://www.mona.uwi.edu/postgrad/scholarship
- Undergraduate and Graduate students http://www.open.uwi.edu/admissions/scholarships-bursaries
- Undergraduate students https://sta.uwi.edu/scholarships/
- Graduate students http://sta.uwi.edu/admissions/postgrad/finance.asp